Ready to shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
Willing to join a global team working with pride and a strong mandate, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies? We like to work smart, have fun and are committed to our customers and the Volvo Group success. We exist to provide competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting and managing high performing IT suppliers and partners that contribute to the Group’s transformation and leading position on the market.
This is us, your new colleagues
“Business Support & Commercial Solutions” team is part of the Indirect Products and Services global purchasing team. New employee centric HR system, modern finance solution with improved analytics and automation, sales and customer experience platforms, procurement digitalization and optimization, these are some of the key projects in our team.
We are women and men located in Sweden and France having end-to-end responsibility from sourcing to contract and supplier relationship management within defined segments, with a culture of sharing experiences and continuous learning. In this team, we interact with all the Brands and Group Functions in the Volvo Group and manage large Software players, which makes the job so interesting and a great place for personal development.
This is how you could make an impact
In this position, you will be responsible for one or more purchasing segments and report to the Manager Business Support & Commercial Solutions. We are looking for a candidate who can take the responsibility for “Analytics & Information Management” portfolio.
You drive and manage performance of your portfolio from QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features, Technology, Sustainability and Risk) standpoint and have a global responsibility for a certain segment, manage supplier relationship, cross functional collaboration, and drive supplier negotiations.
In your segment leader role, you are responsible to define and implement a segment business plan that will secure that we reach our wanted position. You also promote and ensure a strong collaboration between buyers worldwide by capitalizing on inputs towards segment strategies, negotiation tactics and leveraging other possible opportunities.
- Own, develop and communicate the Segment Business Plan
- Drive global segment sourcing negotiations/activities
- Drive the Segment administration/Supplier Base Management, categorization and classification
- Manage the overall supplier relationships and implement the global segment strategies
- Contribute to KPI target fulfilment and Portfolio Management in your domain
- Be the Supplier Host for selected key suppliers and implement the supplier governance model
- Perform contract negotiations and optimization from a QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features, Technology, Sustainability and Risk) standpoint
- Maintain a good market knowledge in your domain and perform benchmarks when appropriate
- Implement the new ways of working and tools that bring efficiency and performance to your domain
- Secure needed interactions with cross functional teams
To succeed in this position we believe you are self-driven and see challenges as opportunities. You like to network and to build strong relationships across functional and geographical areas. You have courage to speak up your mind and drive towards our common objectives.
In the position as Commodity Buyer, your solid purchasing experience and ability to work cross-functionally and with diverse teams are key assets. You are a team player easy to collaborate with towards a common objective.
Competence & Experience
- University degree in Business Administration / Purchasing / IT
- 5+ years of experience as a buyer in IT or sourcing project manager
- Experience in Data Analytics , Artificial Intelligence and IT platforms is a plus
- Genuine interest in future business trends and technology
- Ability to go from the holistic strategic view and into the details and be able to deal with complexity
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Good presentation skills
- High level of integrity and trust
- Fluent English
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.