How do you like the idea to perform and transform at the same time? Are you looking for an opportunity to deliver in global projects while developing new ways of working? Are you willing to incorporate digitalization tools into a Logistics environment? Then we hope you consider joining our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUESComplete Vehicle contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. We are a team of specialized functions with high focus on cooperation to get a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience into the projects. We are close to end customers to understand their needs and behaviors and bring users’ perspective into the projects.
Product Builds is part of Complete Vehicle Brazil and we manage all test objects’ deliveries with the aim to deliver Builds for Powertrain & Vehicle projects in time, with quality and optimized costs. We do this by:
- Leading physical test objects’ build process from order to delivery;
- Managing the prototype supply chain for GTT and BUS;
ROLE DESCRIPTIONThe purpose of the Product Builds Material Controller is to lead the sourcing and procurement process for all prototype parts, sub-assembly components and production parts, in an efficient and safe way so that they are available in due time for the right Test Objects (New Builds and Rebuilds).
The Product Builds Material Controller is also responsible to lead all logistics processes for GTT and BUS, securing information about shipments and pick-ups are available and communicated with the requester in the right time.
On top of the daily activities, the appointed person will also have the challenge to drive digitalization of the Logistics processes and lead a real transformation in how we operate.
It all means:
- To define the sourcing and initiate parts procurement for Test Objects, Single Orders and GTT Campaigns;
- Keep parts expected arrival updated in the system;
- In close cooperation with the Product Builds Project Leader, solve issues related to late deliveries;
- Coordinate with Product Builds Project Leader pull requests to the Warehouse in the due time for the assembly of all Test Objects.
- Prepare all related documentation and arrange transportation;
- Communicate with requester any deviations and status about parts delivery and transport;
- Propose and develop digital solutions to automate parts procurement and provide transport status to requester, using data analytics, programming, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence.
WHO ARE YOU?We are expecting the Product Builds Material Controller to be:
- Graduated in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering or related areas;
- Fluent in English;
- Proven ability and interest in programming (Power Apps, Java, Python…), data analytics, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence;
- Knowledge in Volvo tools will be differential (PROTOM, GLORIA, CICs, GPS…).
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?If you consider yourself a curious and energetic person, driven for results, customer oriented, and ready to perform in the current business while transforming into new ways of working, we encourage you to apply and be part of the process.
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!If you have any question or if you would like to clarify any information, don’t hesitate to look for André Busch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.