Remanufacturing is part of Powertrain Production and is responsible to drive prosperity through remanufacturing solutions for the Volvo Group Business Areas. We drive sustainability through innovation and are proud of our craftsmanship; thereby making it easy to do business with.
Your mission in the role will be to provide detailed controlling for the Charlotte Remanufacturing site in support of Production Logistics to drive efficiencies and cost reductions in the operations. This will include the detailed reporting by plant and business line as well as the active support of the operations to improve efficiencies and achieve targets for Finance and related KPIs.
- Drive planning processes for P&L and cost of production
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Strategic and Production Planning
- Business Control for Sales & Marketing, Aftermarket, and Production planning
- Material Control & Investment Analysis
- Parts Inventory Management
- Investment requests
- Contribute to continuous improvement action plan for the plant and take responsibility in driving kaizens.
- Lead and suggest profitability improvements to the overall supply chain (production, inventory, warehousing)
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpret the results of operations to all levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required
- Prepare monthly year-over-year and quarterly financial analysis and variance explanations for Charlotte Remanufacturing
- Develop risk assessments for operations to predict supplier, plant, and transport carrier failures
- Understanding of transportation in the US and being able to calculate contract increase or decreases
- Provide financial guidance and support stakeholders
- Highlight areas of supplier non-compliance costs to be used in sourcing decisions
- Provide other company units with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities
- Establish and implement a sound operational and organizational plan in direct support of the business plan
- Liaise with other Finance colleagues for decision-making, analysis, reporting and consolidation
- Use analytics and understand logistics data to narrow large data sets into clear concise explanations on cost
- Coordinate cost deployment for respective areas
- Ensure that AB Volvo policies related to financial and business control are followed within the operation
- Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Minimum Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or similar education required; MBA preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience ideally gained through increasing levels of responsibility within Finance
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems and well-developed financial analysis capabilities
- Broad knowledge of logistics and experience from a production, aftermarket distribution or transportation environment
- Knowledge in Volvo Production Systems, Lean Principles and Cost Deployment
- Demonstrated strong abilities in the Volvo Leadership competencies
- Ability to interact and communicate with senior management
- Broad knowledge of logistics and experience from a production or transportation environment
- Strong aptitude for working with cost and financial information
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by the Volvo Way and the Code of Conduct
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Willingness to participate in a short-term assignment at a Volvo production facility
- The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 80% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers, and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
- Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common.
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10-20 lbs. of force (e.g., carrying a laptop, binder, or both) is required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
- The job is in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.