Many growth opportunities await for leaders who are willing to join the Volvo Quality Network. We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
The Project Quality Engineer ensures that all project content, whether new product (Start Cost), maintenance of existing (IntroBlock) or large scale factory change (Industrial), adheres to Volvo’s high quality standards. As the gatekeeper of Quality, the PQE works as a key member of the cross functional Plant project team to drive the application of quality tools at strategic points throughout the life of a project.
- Key member for the creation/maintenance of the Quality Assurance Plan and Quality Tool Plan.
- Work with product engineering team to perform process FMEAs & mitigate risks at early phases of new product/process introduction.
- Lead the quality review during all project build phases.
- Collect from cross functional team all assembly related issues on project builds in PRIME tool.
- Work alongside product audit team to collect remarks identified in project audit activity & lead cross-functional problem-solving activity.
- Work with Operations and Production to ensure new processes have standard operating procedures & they are being followed on the assembly line.
- Validate the project strengths/weaknesses with Plant Management and report them to the GTO project team.
- Responsible to implement processes related to special characteristics (SC/CC) like critical joints which are directly related to function/safety of the vehicle.
- Identify product & project risks related to the quality of the manufacturing process and communicate them to the GTO project team
- Apply the quality tools identified in the Quality Assurance Plan and Quality Tool Plan at the manufacturing plant, including planning, leading, executing, checking and acting
- Participate in the GTO project team meetings as the manufacturing quality representative when requested
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity
- Drive for Results, Priority setting and decision making: ability to make good, rapid decisions in a face paced environment. Promptly assess any issues, influence the team to develop a feasible action plan and manage through to a successful completion
- Thoughtful leadership: interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage change within the cross functional team; foster a diverse, respectful and nurturing relationship with all team members
- Business acumen: demonstrated knowledge of Quality Standards, the manufacturing business and organization and ability to utilize policies, practices, trends, and tactics to accomplish business objectives within the organization.
- Engineering acumen: extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented. Review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation.
- Project management and time management skills: ability to manage multiple conflicting stakeholders in projects with grace and purpose. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
- Managerial courage: does not hold back anything that needs to be said. Provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process.
- Continuous improvement mindset and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Self-awareness: knows personal strengths, weaknesses and limits. Gains insights from mistakes and is open to constructive feedback.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or, Mechanical, Electrical and Quality Engineering or Quality Assurance or equivalent experience is required
- 2-4 years of manufacturing experience with a focus on Quality
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) and /or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis and ISO preferred
- Knowledge and experience in problem solving, including root cause analysis
- Product & process design experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.