ESW Application Engineer (PYTHON Developer) : Connectivity
The Connectivity group’s role within the GTT Vehicle Engineering is to secure the telematics solutions are deployed on all truck brands in a quality assured way. This group will play a vital role for the GTT to effectively utilize the potential of Telematics linked solutions like Uptime Services, Fleet Management, Vehicle Tracking, Navigation etc.,.THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Connectivity team in Bangalore is an integral part of Global Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Connectivity develops software for telematics systems for several Volvo companies.
The E2E Automation team focus on different parts of the test automation process. We have an agile mindset and plan our daily tasks using Scrum. We are supporting two agile release trains that develop the telematic gateway unit and the infotainment system. Both which are working according to SAFe. On the average work week there are many reprioritizations and moving targets since the most important aim for the team is to keep the test automation and monitors up and running. We are fun loving curious professionals who easily get into technical discussions and try to come up with ideas how to improve. We are also constantly challenged with exciting opportunities for growth and experience.
The position holder will report to Group Manager, Test Automation and Verification Framework, Connectivity.ROLE DESCRIPTION
WHO ARE YOU?
- Develop python components that are used in the verification framework
- Develop data processing flows to verify requirements
- Write automated tests for end-user functions
- Work in a Scrum team and support SAFe release trains
- Contribute to the design and long-term vision of the verification framework
- Drive innovative solutions to automation challenges
- Be a mentor and role model for younger colleagues
Nice to have:
- 4-6 years of solid experience in Python development (in development of at least one larger codebase) or experience in developing backend systems
- Have solid experience in writing unit and integration tests; having experience in mocking external dependencies such as databases and APIs is very meriting.
- Ideally have experience in developing one or more of the following: database solutions, REST APIs and data analysis flows.
- Have a solid understanding of system design, software architecture and good software engineering practices
- Have worked with continuous integration and delivery.
- Be able to drive a software development project forward and take on responsibility that extends beyond just implementing code.
- Automotive protocols CAN, Ethernet and preferred protocols like Bluetooth, Wifi etc
- Good understanding of GIT,JIRA ,Jenkins and Confluence
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Systematic, analytic, pro-active and open minded with interest in software debugging
- BE/M.tech in Computer science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Experienced at working in a global organization with cross functional interaction
We use tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Sympathy for data, flask, SQLAlchemy, REST and SOAP APIs, Selenium web driver, so having experience in any of these tools is meriting.
If you have domain knowledge from the automotive industry and are comfortable working with hardware it is also meriting.ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?In return we offer:
- Professional challenges in the exciting field of connectivity and infotainment.
- A workplace where growth of our employees is in focus.
- A chance to make a difference in our path toward E2E Automation and continuous development
- Challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology.
- We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual
- A great team which will make every day great
“The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behaviour and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey”.
Location: Bangalore, India