Paying c£45,000 negotiable dependent on experience, plus 10% bonus, plus benefits
As the most senior colleague below the Dealerpoint Manager, the Workshop Manager’s core role is to proactively manage the customers’ journey from “planning, arrival, quality of work through to Invoice / Claim closure. Ensure that the customer service Team, Supervisors, Parts Team and Technicians are working in line with the standard OTI process. Ensuring that service and repair work is completed to time and quality standards and all invoice / claim documents are complete and accurate. Managing customer expectations, job profitability and workshop productivity targets will be a daily focus to ensure that workshop profitability is optimised. The motivation, personal development and performance Management of the team is a key part of the role along with and dealing with employee issues on a day to day basis. Working 45 hours Mon - Fri and Saturday mornings when required.
- Provide focused management to the service department team, to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Ensure processes are adhered to at all times.
- Carry out regular process reviews with your Dealerpoint Manager to identify operational issues / discrepancies and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken to rectify.
- Manage the performance of the service department to ensure that KPI targets are achieved.
- Manage and plan workshop / support resources to ensure that work requirements are fulfilled on each shift.
- Support the depot team as required ensuring job specification, codification and quoting preparation tasks are completed on a timely basis.
- Support the customer service team as required ensuring that invoice / claiming closure tasks are accurate and completed on a timely basis.
- Support the customer service Team with specifications and coding of non-standard, complex jobs and ensure all such work is agreed with customers prior to any work being started.
- Manage the handover of complex or potentially contentious jobs (invoices, claims) to ensure full buy-in and agreement from the customer (Retail or Internal.)
- Perform quarterly competence assessments on all technicians (excluding Apprentices) and submit to RTC HR in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in commercial and CAT meetings where required.
- Manage & process productive wage submission on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Dealerpoint Manager in the production of the annual business plan
- 25 days holiday and rising with service
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Employee discounts across Retailers, Cinemas, Services +++
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee discounts on Renault and Volvo cars
You will be part of passionate teams with a global, open and collaborative mind-set. You will experience a culture that empowers people.
Renault Trucks is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under brands such as Volvo, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.