Vehicle Engineering is responsible for the complete truck project deliveries, vehicle components and systems for the Truck brands within the Volvo Group. We work globally to innovate and develop systems and components for each truck brand based on common architecture and shared technology.
Job Summary:The Development team is responsible for requirements analysis, developing, integrating, verifying, and releasing the accurate and precise working of the Electronic Control Units (ECUs) SW within the truck, as a system using guidelines and standards of Volvo. They also make sure that the queries from Project teams, Industry and Aftermarket are addressed efficiently and are well supported. The team ensures that the development, and release activities are well documented, and processes followed. The team members are also encouraged to come up with new methods for improving the development process and to ensure efficient development by reducing cycle time and improving productivity.
- Perform requirements analysis proactively according to the defined system specifications, plan and ensure coverage of all functionalities implementation along with source code review.
- Identifying Improvements in the source code to reduce the memory and improve efficiency of SW.
- Develop, unit test, and prove that the software meets major architectural requirements along with system level requirements specifications
- Prove for scalability and performance of a software
- Ensuring the quality of the system as a whole
- Work with System engineers, firmware developers and validation engineers
- Develop and automate tests for software validation
- Detect bug issues, debug the issue to identify the root cause
- Prepare good SW release notes and take complete ownership of the SW developed and deliver. file defect reports and report development progress
- Review the specification to make sure that the SW meets the customer expectations.
- Work in synch with system engineering and different software development teams to better understand requirements for effective testing; participate in project meetings as necessary
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- BE/B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication or similar stream
- 4 to 7 years of experience in the automotive domain. Knowledge of EE architecture.
- Experience of working on Clusters SW development, and verification.
- Good in C, C++, and assembly programming and Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience of developing Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS)
- Experience in developing and analyzing the component technical specifications.
- Knowledge in Model based development and issue resolution.
- Proficiency in 16/32 Microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of CAN, LIN, J1939, UDS protocol, MATLAB, Rhapsody.
- Knowledge of Canalyzer and CANOE, and experience of writing and executing test cases for complex functional modules. Validating the use case scenarios for the functions at the truck, troubleshooting and experiencing the features.
- Working with Agile teams and familiarity with toolchains like Jenkins, Clearcase, GIT, JIRA, is merit.
- Knowledge of product development cycle (DVP).
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAFe Agile Way of Working and mindset is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO standard 26262, Functional Safety for development of Safety Functions is also a plus
- Very Good Knowledge of software tools in testing (CANoe / CANalyzer, Vision etc.)
- Good knowledge of communication protocols (J1587, J1939, CAN, LIN, etc.)
- Experience in system level testing is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR and Vector toolchain Ex: GENy, Candela Studio, Davinci Configurator Pro is a plus.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.