Vehicle Engineering is responsible for the complete truck project deliveries, vehicle components and systems for the Truck brands within the Volvo Group. We work globally to innovate and develop systems and components for each truck brand based on common architecture and shared technology.
- Lead the team members in Embedded SW platform development.
- Take ownership and delivery on SW platform responsibilities.
- Perform trouble shooting in drivers, BSP, OS, middle ware software.
- Perform Cyber security analysis with appropriate solutions
- Execute and deliver according to PI Objectives.
- Breaking down the feature’s list into user stories.
- Shall notice and bring up Impediments to line and Scrum masters in order to full fill PI objectives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electronics, software, computer engineering (or similar) with 10 to 14 years of experience.
- Knowledge on EE architecture. Working experience with Cluster development and verification
- Excellent C, C++ and assembly programming and debugging skills.
- Proficiency in 16/32 Microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of CAN, LIN, J1939, UDS protocol, MATLAB.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR and Vector tool chain Ex: GENy, Candela Studio, Davinci Configurator Pro.
- Knowledge of Canalyzer and CANOE.
- Propose technical concepts and solutions focusing on Cybersecurity aspects of the Product
- Hands on experience of ISO26262, and ASIL level requirements.
- Perform Risk Management activities via appropriate quality tools jointly with quality section representative (risks analysis, FMEA, TARA, etc…)
- Analyze identified risks and risk mitigation activities to minimize the probability of risks occurring and/or reduce the consequence of them
- Perform requirements analysis proactively according to the defined system specifications, plan and ensure coverage of all functionalities implementation along with source code review.
- Identifying Improvements in the source code to reduce the memory and improve efficiency of SW.
- Develop, unit test, and prove that the software meets major architectural requirements along with system level requirements specifications
- Prove for scalability and performance of a software
- Ensuring the quality of the system as a whole
- Work with System engineers, firmware developers and validation engineers
- Develop and automate tests for software validation
- Detect bug issues, debug the issue to identify the root cause
- Prepare good SW release notes and take complete ownership of the SW developed and deliver. file defect reports and report development progress
- Review the specification to make sure that the SW meets the customer expectations.
- Work in synch with system engineering and different software development teams to better understand requirements for effective testing; participate in project meetings as necessary
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working with Agile teams and familiarity with toolchains like Jenkins, Clearcase, GIT, JIRA, is a merit.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.