The Volvo truck factory in Ghent is one of the world's biggest factory of the Volvo Group. Every day, our colleagues work together to build trucks of excellent quality. Innovation and continuous improvement are inherited in our daily operations. We believe in Lean Manufacturing, where quality, safety and environmental care are embedded as our top priority. Our site in Ghent today exists of many different department, but one thing we all have in common: we are passionate about what we do.
This is us, your new colleagues
The program & planning team is the backbone for the Ghent plant operations. They are responsible for the correct planning and levelling of the production for Volvo Trucks Ghent. The team consists out of 4 skilled professionals who make sure the trucks ordered by our customers are planned for production within the set timelines.
When doing so, they keep in mind the different variants and make sure operations can handle the foreseen sequence.
It’s a small and stable team with a good atmosphere where teamwork and collegiality is central.
Do you just love to ...
You are responsible for managing the Program & Planning team. In short, you lead and develop the planning and execution of the production program according to global guidelines & strategies.
Some of your key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the daily operational leadership of the program & planning team.
- You coach, motivate and give support where needed. You provide performance-feedback and stimulate individual & collective development with continuous learning plans.
- You develop the business plan and secure deliveries in line with the KPI’s.
- You make sure you have the necessary competences, resources and manning needed to achieve the team goals.
- Deploy & maintain the production leveling.
- Organize production control with various stakeholders regarding WIP, Tail, Yard saturation, Delivery Precision, …
- Drive and stimulate continuous improvement within your area of responsibility.
Are you the one?
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Business Administration, Engineering or Economics
- Experience in an industrial logistics environment, preferably within the automotive industry
- Strong leader capable of setting clear expectations to the team and drive change in a global organization
- Solid presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a hands-on attitude
- Fluent in Dutch & English
- Analytical and mathematical skills are key
- Experienced with IS/IT tools, experience with implementing new IT tools (PowerBI, Qlikview, etc) is an asset
Let's do this!
Are you passionate on being in the lead of change? Do you get energy out of setting goals and achieving milestones? Is teamwork more than just a buzz word to you? Are you able to shift between scenario’s and plan ahead?
Then this position is what you are looking for! A chance to work for the factory of the future!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.