EPTS is a department that works with embedded products, tools, and support for factories and workshops all over the world. At EPTS we feel proud of being an enabler in connecting all the integral parts together in the truck, bus, construction equipment, or boat in order to make our customers successful, on the roads, at the construction site, or at sea. We have unique knowledge within the Embedded Software area and work thoroughly with the quality of our releases, to deliver the right software to our stakeholders and end-users.
The area is developing rapidly to support the product evolution, the new generation of Volvo products, and solutions. If you are interested in topics like connected trucks, autonomous driving, digital twin, and new ways of handling the deployment of the vehicle software, this is the place for you.
We are a global team, with colleagues working from Poland, Sweden, and Brazil.
We are now looking to strengthen one of our teams with more skillful people in the business analysis area. He/she will be responsible for implementing new requirements, enhancements and maintaining the solution together with the teammates.
He/She will be also responsible for end-user studies, user interface designing, and evaluations. He/she will also be active in the daily work with methods, tools, coaching, and improvements.
While we are looking for a person with stable skills in business analysis, we are also looking for a person with a growth mindset, a “can do” attitude, and good character. The person we are looking for needs to have an open mind and be interested in working in any area that is needed to make the team complete the best outcome.
Comments on Experience and Skills
In order of priority, we ask you to consider the following:
- Excellent analytical skills and enthusiasm for new challenges. Must have a good understanding of the business goals (with a focus on achieving them) and stakeholder/user needs when working with change requests.
- Is competent in the requirement management process and coordination in large projects and leading pre-studies
- Knowledge of user-oriented design rules (UX) and utilize UI trends and best practices.
- Propose changes that make the software product more efficient and/or reduce operation or maintenance costs.
- Understand complex issues and identify opportunities and risks. Highlight risks and impacts not covering end-user needs in business decisions.
- Facilitate modeling and analysis of business processes and operations from a requirement management perspective or design concepts for a product.
- Willingness to work with cooperation with team members (IT Architects, Developers, Quality Assurance). The entire team takes an active part during running a pre-study.
- Professional approach to work, a strong sense of responsibility, and ownership for assigned tasks.
- Contribute to building and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders and users.
- Experience in event and click-tracking tools.
- Confluence, BPMN/UML.
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
- Passion for the user and understanding their frustration and business opportunities
- Open mind and being an honest, team player
- Understanding of Agile Practices
- Very good communication & presentation skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.