At Group IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Group IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now.
This is us your colleagues
‘Data’ is a new function within Group IT with the goal to unlock the power of data for the full Volvo Group to become a fully data-driven company! With data, the core component of our transformation journey, we will, together with our data talents, make the Volvo Group 2030 vision happen. We will take care of all the aspects of Data, how it is quality assured, documented, made available, prepared and consumed through BI, Analytics and Machine Learning. We have an ambitious transformation in front of us, with an implementation of the Data Layer in Azure as well as the reinforcement of Data Governance and Data Management in the full Group.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Group IT, with TD/BAs and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.
Do you just love to …
This is how you could make an impact
- Application support – you will maintain application support processes and make sure that all requests for support are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- Application maintenance – you will provide advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability and performance. You will monitor end user experience with the services and drive activities to improve their satisfaction working with the solutions.
- Change management – you will collaborate with product owners and key users to capture new demands and prioritize backlog. You will work with your IT team on analysis and estimations as well as coordinate end to end delivery of enhancements.
- Hands-on work – you will be the technical expert in your team and you will be involved in development of requested features, testing, coordination with other IT teams and business stakeholder and you will provide technical guidance to your colleagues
- You have a university degree or equivalent
- Knowledge in Azure components like ADFv2, DataBricks, Synapse, Delta lake
- Writing SQL and doing data modelling are natural to you
- Knowledge in Advanced Analytics related programming language: Python, Pyspark
- Knowledge in Azure Advanced Analytics technologies and frameworks
- Experience working in a DevSecOps team is a plus
- Knowledge of the (Microsoft) cloud based delivery model
- Experience with API or microservice deployment
- Experience in Data Architecture and Data Quality
- Experience with real time/streaming data
- You have an appreciation of the purpose and the practices of Agile.
- You have experience working in a global environment
- You have demonstrated a growth and learning mindset.
- You have excellent communication skills in English
A perfect match?
Join us on our transformation journey to our digital future
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.