Infrastructure and Onsite Services, Onsite North
Manager – Onsite North, Köping
Group IT within Volvo Group
Group IT has to end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery and support of IT solutions for the Volvo Group..
Infrastructure and Onsite Services (IOS)
Group IT – Infrastructure and Onsite Services a global unit consisting of approximately 600 employees and consultants in most of the Volvo Group’s locations. The mission of the function is to ensure that Volvo Group Customers are provided with the right End-User and Infrastructure services. The function is owner of the complete IT Infrastructure with the following subareas: Identity, Support, Client, Collaboration, Telecom, Network, Application Infrastructure.
At factories, warehouses and small sites also facilitate infrastructure demand collection and delivery execution for IT services through local presence.
Onsite North is a regional function consisting of more than 100 employees and consultants in Sweden and Russia. This function is responsible for onsite deliveries in this region, working in close co-operation with other Group IT functions, Volvo Group TD/BAs and our partner for Infrastructure Services - HCL.
We are now looking for a Manager to our team in Köping
Onsite team in Köping, consisting of 5 employees and 6 consultants, is placed close to the Volvo GTO Powertrain factory in Köping.
In this role you will be Line reporting to the Director of Onsite North, IOS – Volvo Group IT, and be part of the Onsite North management team. In addition to that reporting you will also have a functional reporting to the Local Digital & IT Director at GTO Powertrain in Köping who drives the Digitalization in the Factory.
Role mission & context
You will have the responsibility for the function performance, development, and deliverables. You are accountable for managing and optimizing the IT services delivered within your scope and to drive standardization and ensure consistency of the onsite deliveries in your geographical area. You operate in a geographical context, having a number of interfaces to other IOS functions, Group IT unit, and TDBA IT stakeholders within Volvo Group.
- Capture local Infrastructure demand (on behalf of all Volvo Group units)
- Business stakeholders relationship management, broader local business stakeholder representative, local accountability of a IT scope, and full responsibility of all Group IT resources and deliveries
- Request management and dispatching
- One-time onsite deliveries, including the coordination of complex deliveries
- Drive standardization and ensure consistency of onsite deliveries
- Maximize business value and efficiency
- Follow and execute global work instructions set by other Group IT teams
- Manage and optimize staffing on the sites for IT services.
- Manage & Drive VPS
- Develop key resources and talents
As a Manager you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a leader in and excel in demonstrating core values according to the Volvo Way.
Since you are part of a regional unit, with regional responsibilities, you will need to actively cooperate and communicate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment. It is important you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge in your organisation. You also have a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your unit, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
- Relevant university degree
- Leadership experience
- Proven experience in developing and coaching people
- Strong experience from working in an IT delivery organization including solid knowledge about methods used
- Strong experience of delivery management
- Knowledge about the solutions in scope
- Experience from leadership in a global context
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a requirement
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
- have the ability to drive for results
- have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- have a leadership characterized by high level of integrity and trust
- have a strong customer and communication focus
- have a leadership style characterized by fairness to direct reports
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside IOS, delivering cutting edge services in line with the Volvo Group Strategy.
At Volvo Group we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, nationality etc.
Travel required: Occasional
Application screening will start immediately, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
For further information please contact
Director, Infrastructure & Onsite Services - North, Åsa Eklund, phone: +46 73 558 5103
HR Business Partner, Maria Börjesson, phone: +46 31 3221030
Union representatives for Swedish applicants
Unionen – Tonny Vikström, +46 16 5414601
Akademikerna – Hanna Börjesson, +46 16 5414679
Last application date: 2022-01-31
Target start date: ASAP
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.