We are now looking for Parts Technical Support Specialist to join our amazing team in Chesapeake, Virginia. This role is pivotal in meeting Volvo Penta’s targets concerning customer satisfaction.
What is the Job?
As Parts Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for creating, planning and distributing technical and parts information to OEMs, aftermarket and end users of all products engineered by Volvo Penta of the Americas (VPA). You will also manage daily communication with authorized marine and industrial dealers, OEMs and internal VPA departments concerning parts and accessories selection application and use. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the development of the Parts and Accessories program to assure the continued support of non-current products in accordance with Volvo Penta corporate policies while limiting the proliferation of the number of spare parts.
- Developing a network of subject matter experts for gathering product knowledge and for reviewing technical information.
- Researching all aspects of new products to insure complete, thorough coverage of these products in the technical information. In turn, you will also be creating technical information that is thorough but concise, and that meets prevailing standards for technical writing and documentation, and ensuring compliance with all recognized standards that cover the application of safety warnings in product support information.
- Creating illustrations that meet all corporate standards, clearly illustrates the message in the technical information, and efficiently facilitates electronic distribution of our technical information.
- Working with Product Development, Engineering and our Aftermarket divisions to insure that product changes are accurately covered in the technical information.
- Providing daily communication and training with authorized marine and industrial dealers, OEMs and internal VPA departments concerning parts and accessories selection application and use, the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC), our Volvo Penta Partner Network (VPPN), as well as information on parts department policy and procedures.
In this role, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues and experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are you technically anal-retentive and like a great challenge?
To be successful in this role, you will need an exceptional analytical and technical acumen, as well as attention to detail. You will need to be solution-oriented and well-organized.
We are really wanting a candidate with extensive knowledge in either the automotive or marine engine industry.
In addition, excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
Education & Experience:
This position requires the following:
- Minimum of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as automotive or mechanical engineering, or related field that entails the marine engine industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ creating and/or planning technical and parts information. Having this experience in the marine, automotive, or other transportation industry is a major PLUS.
- Minimum three (3) years’ technical or service experience in marine, automotive, or other transportation industry.
Are you ready to join a team?
We are an outstanding, values-driven work culture… and our work is challenging and rewarding! We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification two years in a rows, and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
We also offer:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan
- 401K with matching
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Parts Technical Support Specialist with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.