Would you like to be leading the development of simulation tools and methods, working to validate future chassis solutions including electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and collaborative atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled colleagues to learn and share knowledge? Does the chance to develop new and advanced chassis solutions for Mack and Volvo Truck excite you?
If you answered yes, then we have the role for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Chassis Structure Simulation is a highly skilled team in charge of the chassis development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We are responsible for developing tools and methods to lead the virtual validation of chassis structure and components for the entire Mack and Volvo conventional truck product line.
The Chassis Structure Simulation team continuously collaborates with Testing teams, Design teams and Global counter parts for validating and industrializing the designed components.
What You Will be Doing
In this role, perform the virtual validation of Chassis specific structures and components, with limited direction and supervision. Maintaining our brand reputation is crucial, and this position serves that mission by assuring compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations ((FMVSS, FMCSR, EPA, etc.).
The Senior Simulation Engineer for the chassis structures area will provide professional expertise within our major projects. In this role you will develop, coordinate, and perform complex engineering tasks. Participate in projects to define where to perform which simulations and analyses.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing advanced simulations/analyses
- Supporting design engineers in design evaluations
- Participating in projects to define where to perform which simulations/analyses
- Performing project content evaluation and estimations in order to meet timeline and delivery
- Delivering quality assured calculation models and results based on test results, instructions or other data
- Performing method and tool development.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-8+ years of simulation experience in a product development environment, preferably in class 8 heavy duty truck development
- Working knowledge of Hypermesh, ANSA, Nastran, and Ncode
- Automotive experience a plus
- Experience with CAD (PTC Creo preferred)
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams to communicate and agree on the designs for assembly, cost, sourcing and aftermarket servicing
- Project management experience is a merit, as is excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.