The Leave of Absence Team Lead sits on the LOA Team and is a part of the larger People Operations/Total Rewards team. You’ll be responsible for coordinating and assessing all leave of absence processes for efficiency and continuous improvement.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Coordinate various programs during the employee leave process including company provided FMLA, STD, LTD, Paid Parental Leave, Military Leave, and Personal Leave of Absence.
- Collaborate with the various stakeholders in the leave process including HR Business Partners, managers, and our Payroll and Legal teams.
- Respond to employee questions and inquiries.
- Proactively and continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- Ensure detailed work instructions are maintained.
- Provide periodic training for HR and managers on the LOA policy and procedures.
- Resolve challenges related to process and procedures, and complex claim issues.
- Train, coach and develop LOA team to enable optimal job performance.
- Ensure a positive customer experience is delivered through effective teamwork, a commitment to responsiveness and focusing on our customer's needs.
- Maintain thorough understanding of claim industry trends to assist in the identification of positive and adverse impacts.
- Coordinates, assigns and distributes workloads across the team for a consistent, efficient and timely service delivery.
- Monitor eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan participation and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements.
- Assists with employee data auditing and reporting.
- Research and coordinate the resolution to escalated cases with other parties
- Participate in special projects and other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is constantly evolving.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The ability to analyze complex questions and determine the best course of actions or recommendation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of protected and sensitive data and ensure compliance with HIPAA
- You’re a strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do.
- You work with a sense of urgency, a capacity for accurate decisions and the ability to exercise sound judgement in a demanding work environment.
- Experience with SAP, Ultipro, & Office 365.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience in US disability leave administration.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
At Group People & Culture we work to create the foundations and frameworks that support people and organizational development of the Volvo Group, to enable the realization of the Group strategy. We create a global people & culture strategy, develop common policies, directives & guidelines for HR in the Group and monitor progress and quality based on agreed objectives and measurements. With Volvo Group People & Culture you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.