Geometrical Architect - Virtual Builds
The Geometrical Architect takes the lead in cross commodity geometrical activities to fulfil the project QDCF requirements.
GA brings complete vehicle knowledge and we deliver optimized and communalized architecture by balancing customer needs while protecting brand distinction.
GA is leader for vehicle packaging, taking care of the interfaces between modules.
ï‚· GA has an area responsibility for a given project.
ï‚· GA leads the cross functional work through the packaging meeting.
ï‚· GA involves the people that can/should contribute.
ï‚· GA delivers the secured geometries within the time frame.
- Deliver quality secured geometry towards the projects. To solve packaging / geometry issues between different commodities. This include tolerances, weight, main dimensions and bodybuilder suitability
- Set up the cross functional packaging organization and Packaging Issue Log (PIL)
- Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging.
- Analyze and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts.
- Give input regarding geometrical matters to stakeholders (Global Manufacturing (GM), Aftermarket (AM) and commodities (ex. Cab, Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain), from a complete vehicle perspective.
- Build geometry verification plan (virtual builds, physical builds B/C, DMU structure)
- Show progress (by PIL) and status for all geometry related activities
- Identify A-interface impacts and balance project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to A-interface process, in collaboration with the area leader.
- Drive Digital Mock up (DMU structure) deliveries according to DMU logic.
The Geometrical Architect (GA), has the authority to take all necessary decisions in order to fulfil the responsibilities:
- Take necessary geometrical decisions in a project or a packaging study. Decisions should be within project pre req. frame/scope. This is to achieve agreed project requirements balanced with platform requirements.
- Arbitrate the issues that are brought up between commodities, and escalate the issue if needed, write a Protus.
- Determine together with all geometrical verification method that should apply to a given project, request packaging vehicles and/or physical mock-up taking into account area complexities, time and cost.
· Passionate in automotive products
· Structured and analytical
· Solution oriented
· Promising leader
- BE or BTech
- CAD tools for big assemblies - Creo Parametric, Creo View Exposure will be an advantage
- KOLA or equivalent PLM Tool Exposure
- Protus/ PIL or equivalent Issue management Tool Exposure
- AVP Light
- EDB (beginner)
- At least two years in Automotive Product development or similar
- Exposure to Product Data management, Vehicle Regulation & Compliance and Basic Electrical/Electronics Knowledge
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.