Who are we, and what can we offer?
Volvo Trucks Digital & IT (DigIT) is responsible for End-to-End IT (architecture, compliance, requirements & overall orchestration of investment plans) and located in Gothenburg. In the role you will be responsible for overseeing the planned and ongoing portfolio of activities that VT DigIT is leading. Your role is also key in defining the way ahead when it comes to investment priorities and plans.
We will work as a team and you are expected to contribute with your competence and experience in our work. A key success factor will be frequent and concrete interactions with Volvo Trucks stakeholders and colleagues as well as within the Group Digital & IT organization.
The role is located within the Business Office function of VT DigIT and you will report to the VP of DigIT Business Office.
- Lead and facilitate the Performance Management process
- Orchestrate the budget process and secure its proper implementation
- Contribute to the Volvo Trucks long term Digital Transformation plan (One Plan)
- Follow-up of IT Performance, including communication identification of Value and Waste
- Follow-up budget and actuals of Projects and Runtime and alert deviations, including communication
- Support in forecasting, ensure forecast precision and good control on the cost
- Interact and liaise with VT DigIT management, Digital Area Managers (and more) to secure the above
- Coordinate the Project Portfolio Governance
- Coordination and alignment with other TD/BA/GFs D&IT Offices and Group IT
- Support the VP of DigIT Business Office and the VT DigIT management with ad hoc investigation and activities
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, IT or other relevant field
- Competent in the interpreting numeric data and financial information
- Practice from IT or Process & IT department work is a plus but not a must
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills, including having the ability to combine critical thinking and attention to details with long term perspective and owner’s mentality
- Ability to take lead in specific areas (e.g., Budget process work, specific initiatives etc.)
- Ability to balance risks and define way ahead in ambiguous and complex situations
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to communicate and set cases for change
- Knowledge and interest in the dynamics and business models of Volvo Trucks is a plus but not a must
- Knowledge and interest in modern frameworks for Business and IT development (e.g., SAFE, Agile, etc.)
- Knowledge of portfolio management tools is of advantage
- Understanding and interest in Digital deliveries
- Excellent English, written and spoken
If you want to find out more, please contact us:
Christian Månsson, VP Business Office DigIT, +46 31 322 45 61
Therese Andersson, HR Business Partner, +46 31 322 88 41
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.