The project manager will lead project activity of implementing supplier enablement in SAP Ariba ,will be part of the Purchasing strategy and digitalization India team directly reporting to the Manager Purchasing strategy and digitalization India
Are you engaged in your work, professional in everything you do and prepared to go that extra mile? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations. We support the brands, safeguard Volvo Group synergies and secure the right quality output. We work together with speed and agility, close collaboration, strong mandate towards suppliers and internal stakeholders. We like to work hard, have fun and are committed to customer and Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
Purchasing strategy and digitalization is a global organization within GTP covering a wide scope of responsibility, such as business development, process & IT, continuous improvements, data management, governance and much more. We work on behalf of the Executive Management Team (EMT) to secure that the strategic priorities of Purchasing are fulfilled and to govern and ensure efficiency and harmonization in the running purchasing operation.
Uptime, adaptation & synergies is a global organization within GTP supporting service parts purchasing, Uptime purchasing will focus on delivery precision ensuring customer uptime. VA Purchasing supports three different areas: Customer Adaptation (CA), Special Vehicles (SV), Trailers and Superstructures (TST). Group synergy will host GTP South America and GTP India as Group Purchasing synergies pilot to capitalize on potential Synergy opportunities among all Purchasing entities within Volvo Group
We are looking for a Project Manager who can Lead independently projects and act as true team player who can clearly communicate with stakeholders on all levels. We have an interesting and challenging journey ahead of us in order to reach the desired state of being a strategic player in Volvo Group!
Project Manager will be responsible for enabling suppliers on the SAP Ariba Network as part of the implementation of Ariba buying and Invoicing. Also responsible for executing an accurate and timely account setup and change management process for all suppliers.
Reporting To: Manager Purchasing strategy and digitalization India Location: India
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to drive challenging assignments and tasks.
- The opportunity to work in a highly competitive environment with global purchasing responsibilities, and to develop in a dynamic and multicultural organization.
- Become a member of our solid global team consisting of team players with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver excellence
- Project manager will lead Supplier Enablement activity and will drive the coordination of onboarding of suppliers
- Manage, coordinate and drive complete project of Enablement of suppliers and Catalogs
- Act as project manager for cross functional teams consisting of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive master data quality activities, and coordinate integration set up between suppliers, SAP and Volvo
- Will be the main contact and work closely with our partner SAP and internal IT
- The Supplier Enablement lead will together with SAP and project team develop the onboarding strategy
- Will create the Flight Plan (Supplier Onboarding plan) and prioritizing the suppliers to be onboarded.
- Will prepare and delivers analyses and presentations to outlining expectations, risks, options, project plans, results for the supplier onboarding track.
- Establish scope and plan for catalogue enablement
- Coordinate with buyer and suppliers to provide supplier catalogue data
- Work and coordinate with other function executive or members for implementation
- Will track progress on the onboarding of suppliers
- Define supplier communication and Training material
- Facilitate change management activities and execute supplier summits
- Define work instructions, process documents for new processes for Supplier enablement
Competence & Experience
- University degree in Engineering and PMP certification is preferred
- Experience of over 5 years in areas of leading, driving projects independently and project leadership role.
- Exposure to Procurement Applications (preferred SAP) and understanding of Procurement
- Experience on cloud (on-demand) procurement solution, SaaS/ PaaS models, cloud -based commerce/ B2B/ EDI providers
- SAP Business suite and SAP Ariba solution/product knowledge
- Exposure to B2B ecommerce, EDI understanding
- Exposure to customer management (internal & external) and Proven ability to lead business conversations with Procurement/Supply Chain stakeholders
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and Presentations
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.