As Manufacturing Engineering Coordinator of final assembly and cab trimming for Heavy Duty Trucks, you will be leading a team responsible for the performance and transformation of all product and processes in our EBM plant. We are looking for a person with good knowledge in the Heavy Duty product as well as the production processes. We would like you to be positive, open-minded, and have the drive to take an E2E perspective on decided activities. Teamwork and communication with colleges another areas and around the world is the key.
You will be driving continuous improvement side by side with cost efficiency and lean practices in all concerned manufacturing processes. Your focus is both securing the performance of existing product and processes but innovation will be part of your daily challenges as the world is rapidly changing and new technologies, new and more efficient ways of working are being made available. You and your team will explore the best out of I4.0 pillars and digitalization. You will coordinate and lead production Engineers / Local Technology Specialists / Technicians as well as Manufacturing strategy managers. You and your team will define and drive strategies to improve the quality, efficiency and flexibility. You will also develop and support the growing competence needs ahead both to yourself and your team. You will work and support your team strive to deliver and secure manufacturing requirements, support implementation and to drive continuous improvement.
Collaboration is a core value to be explored by your high performance team in Manufacturing Engineering. You must secure a tight relation with all of Curitiba EBM organization and a strong connection with other counterparts such as other GTO functions, business areas (local and global), GTT, GTP, VGRE and the Brand.
Your mission will be to :
- Lead in developing the manufacturing engineering for achieving and sustaining world-class standards of manufacturing operations
- Work on your self and team technical and personal development.
- Promote and strengthen a culture of innovation and transformation
- Be a lean ambassador, promoting the culture of problem solving and continues improvement everyday.
- Establish and maintain the standards and best practices within the area.
- Support your team and facilitate technology transformation
- Support your team to maintain and improve production engineering systems and application
- Act as an ambassador and role model of the Volvo mission, vision, aspirations and core values.
- Promote the deployment of the GTO EMB Curitiba Target Image.
- You are graduated in Engineering, Business or equivalent and with large experience preferably in the Truck/Bus assembly industry.
- You shall demonstrate experience in managing teams with different technical expertise in mechanical, electrical and automotive industry, general Project Management, Product Development Process.
- Experience with I4.0 is a plus
- Are fluente in English;
- Are welcoming problems, have a lean and continuous improvement mindset as well as knowledgeable of the some basic tools for problem solving.
- Are capable to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, to different levels of the organization with different cultures as well as listen and motivate others.
- Are a good negotiator, resilient and capable of managing conflicts on a pressing environment.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.