As a Project and Commodity Buyer for Electrical, you will be responsible for driving all the sourcing and project activities and for making sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during and after production.
Some key responsibilities and activities will be to:
- Contribute to segment business plan thanks to collaboration with the Segment Leader & be an active member in the global Project & Commodity network
- Lead the supplier selection process in Projects and secure that supplier selection complies to the Project Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost,…)
- Drive negotiations to ensure an optimal cost level for areas of responsibility and carry out contract negotiations and management to defined project timelines and approved sourcing strategies
- Secure cost performance in projects. Challenge, Negotiate and Report changes (concept selection, product modifications,…) before and after contract signature and ensure fulfillment of project targets. Keep close collaboration with Cost engineer and Product Cost Controller
- Manage parts and orders during projects, serial production and aftermarket phases
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to fulfill quality plan activities performed in cooperation with quality engineer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection etc.)
- Monitor market and technology developments in respective commodity and address changes through the strategies
- Collaborate with global counterparts and internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo in terms of Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, Risk management
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- We are looking for a strong and flexible team player, eager to learn and improve
- You have a can-do approach: you have a positive mindset, high level of energy, and you are ready to tackle challenges
- You like to do business; you demonstrate superior communication skills and you are comfortable in cross-functional and multi-cultural set-up
- You enjoy managing many parallel activities and you have a target oriented approach
- Master in business or engineering
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset
- Positive mindset and team player
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
If you are eager to take on new challenges, contribute and develop in a fast moving scope,
If you believe that key conditions to success are to be curious, persistent and have fun in what you do and that together we are stronger,
You will be a great addition to our team and we are really eager to hear from you!
As we will start interviewing candidates immediately please do not wait before applying if you are interested!
Volvo Group takes first place in Happy at Work ranking 2019 in the category of companies with more than 5,000 employees. We also received the "the Great Place to Work" label awarded to the best companies where the employee experience is based on trust in relationships and equality for all. So don't hesitate any longer, apply now!
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.