Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career? You Should Consider Us
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. Volvo Penta has won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, Volvo Penta has been around for more than 100 years and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
Who Are We Looking for to Join Us?
We are looking for someone to join our Marine Sales team as a Director-Product Management here in Chesapeake, Virginia. In this role, you will be a key leader responsible for North Americas Marine applications, product range, OEM and Power Center product training and price management to secure competitive and profitable marine power systems. You will also manage a team. Some of the key tasks you’ll do as a Director-Product Management:
- Advise customers and internal sales professional on proper Volvo Penta application and configuration throughout Region Americas. Interact and support when needed Region South America.
- Develop and implement plans and programs designed to meet sales goals and increase market penetration at targeted power centers and key customers. You will also develop and implement plans, tactics, and programs to maximize VP market opportunities.
- Create performance projections for engine installations for power center, dealer, and end user. Interface with key decision makers at Engineering, Purchasing and Management groups within targeted gas and diesel accounts.
- Authorize unique engine equipment combinations, coordinate with AB Volvo Penta product planning for approval and calculations. Assist with special customer requests via MAC process. You will also interface with AB Volvo Penta in Sweden to evaluate market requirements and subsequent product development. Maintain current and implement new Volvo Penta Model Year ML & MC pricing and programs. Interface with AB Volvo Penta for global pricing where needed. Safeguard competitive Volvo Penta pricing in the market place and secure profitability.
- Work cross functionally and advise organization and customers on emissions requirements.
- Work with VPA Sales and Marketing creating material for special promotions.
- Working with colleagues, coordinate and implement Volvo Penta’s transformation journey into new technology both cross-functionally and globally.
You will also be expected to travel (up to 50%) both domestically and internationally.
You must have the following minimum requirements to qualify for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Marine Engineer, or relative technical-related degree.
- Minimum 5+ years business experience in the field of marine installation and testing.
- 8-10+ years’ experience in a people manager or supervisor-level position.
- Familiarity with marine engine products to include mechanical/electrical expertise in troubleshooting, repair, overhaul, and installation, Knowledge and familiarity with Volvo Penta marine engine products preferred.
- Experience with marine dealership or related trade experience.
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication and presentation skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation, and success? Apply today for the position of Director, Product Management. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.