ESW Application Engineer (PYTHON Developer) : Connectivity
The Connectivity group’s role within the GTT Vehicle Engineering is to secure the telematics solutions are deployed on all truck brands in a quality assured way. This group will play a vital role for the GTT to effectively utilize the potential of Telematics linked solutions like Uptime Services, Fleet Management, Vehicle Tracking, Navigation etc.,.THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Connectivity team in Bangalore is an integral part of Global Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Connectivity develops software for telematics systems for several Volvo companies.
At Test Automation & Verification Framework our mission is to establish an integration and verification environment that enables continuous integration, thus reducing lead time-to-market and increasing product quality. We are responsible for continuous integration of all internally developed software and tool chain at Volvo Trucks Connectivity.
We are looking for a Python Developer for one of our agile teams involved in the development of the verification framework. Besides having the technical knowledge, you are expected to be a proactive team player, result oriented, willing to share your knowledge.
The position holder will report to Group Manager, Test Automation and Verification Framework, Connectivity.ROLE DESCRIPTION
WHO ARE YOU?
- Develop python components that are used in the verification framework
- Develop data processing flows to verify requirements
- Write automated tests for end-user functions
- Work in a Scrum team and support SAFe release trains
- Contribute to the design and long-term vision of the verification framework
- Drive innovative solutions to automation challenges
Nice to have:
- 4-5 years of solid experience in Python for Verification framework development.
- At least 2 years of experience in embedded software development
- Object oriented programming
- Python 3 development experience, api, db and pytest
- Multiprocessing,Multi-threading, Message queues, Network communication protocols
- Devops – Docker, Docker-compose, docker-swarm, Linux Experience
- Vue JS, Web gui development experience
- Kafka – Elastic Kibana
- Have a solid understanding of system design, software architecture and good software engineering practices
- Have worked with continuous integration and delivery.
- Be able to drive a software development project forward and take on responsibility that extends beyond just implementing code.
- Good understanding of GIT,JIRA ,Jenkins and Confluence
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Systematic, analytic, pro-active and open minded with interest in software debugging
- BE/M.tech in Computer science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Experienced at working in a global organization with cross functional interaction
If you have domain knowledge from the automotive industry and are comfortable working with hardware it is also meriting.ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?In return we offer:
- Professional challenges in the exciting field of connectivity and infotainment.
- A workplace where growth of our employees is in focus.
- A chance to make a difference in our path toward Verification Framework development
- Challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology.
- We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual
- A great team which will make every day great
“The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behaviour and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey”.CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!Location: