- Manage a portfolio of customer accounts to ensure delinquent payment & insurance coverage irregularities return to a level of acceptable compliance as quickly as possible.
- Work with customers to determine cause of delinquency and negotiate payment arrangements, extensions and or modifications with customers when warranted.
- Collect monies owed on contracts from other sources i.e.: insurance rebates, dealer commissions or recourse.
- Negotiate total loss settlements and handle entire file until accounts are completely disposed and released.
- Track the insurance certificates status, and follow up the insurance compliance.
- Prepare risk assessment reports on past due accounts as deemed necessary.
- Prepare and direct all customer correspondence related to delinquent accounts according to regulatory requirements including but not limited to the following: default letters, notices of sale, statements and account reconciliations.
- Recommend default remedies and coordinate repossession and recovery through external agencies.
- Prepare delinquency and customer service metric reports to monitor progress/status of portfolio.
- Attend weekly collection meetings to discuss individual accounts and weekly action items.
- Process requests for payout quotes, audit balance confirmations and account reconciliations / amortization schedules. Process all PAP maintenance on all current accounts.
- Report accounting inaccuracies and follow up on adjustments.
- Communicate effectively and ensure updates, are provided to all internal and external stakeholders in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Team Leader and the Management team.
- Degree in Business / related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 2 to 3 years of prior credit, asset recovery or collections experience in the equipment leasing industry is preferred.
- Credit or accounting knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills supported by strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast paced, demanding environment;
- High level of integrity with a positive customer and quality focus;
- Strong cross-functional team player who works within and in support of a team environment;
- Working knowledge of PPSA & Civil Code Acts in applicable Canadian provinces, for the purpose of security verification against subject collateral;
- Basic knowledge of financial statement and cash flow analysis skills;
- Good understanding of risk assessment;
- Good computer skills with competencies in MS Office. Experience with Salesforce, Qlikview, Power BI considered an asset.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.