Your main responsibility will be to perform the assembly of various components for our low-floor diesel, articulated, and hybrid-electric buses. As an assembler, you will be called upon to work in several different departments of our production line. You must be proficient in accessing, understanding and utilizing all relevant production tools, documentation, and specialized computer programs used by Nova Bus. You will work on up to four (4) buses per day and will require thorough knowledge of various tools used in the construction of the bus. Work may or may not be repetitive and requires versatility on your part.
- Regular and consistent attendance including scheduled overtime during off-shift and weekends
- Perform duties as assigned for assembly of buses within or outside the normal workstation.
- Demonstrate your ability and knowledge to correct any defects found during course of normal operations
- Maintain all productivity requirements of work team and facility; meet takt time goals
- Participate in team meetings (i.e. morning mtgs., OD, 5S, etc.)
- Maintain positive and professional attitude
- Experience in mechanical, electrical and pneumatic assembly processes
- Good level of manual dexterity
- Ability to use hand or power tools to perform any assembly function
- Able to read detailed plans
- Good problem solving skills
- Commitment to quality work
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Able to work in a team based environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Training and Proficiency:
You will be required to complete a training program consisting of classroom and on-the-job shadowing for a period of up to four (4) weeks. You will be considered fully efficient after a period one year.
- High School diploma or GED required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America’s largest providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in the New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference?
Help electrify transportation by joining the team!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.