- Repairs and maintains machinery both mechanical and electrical
- Dismantle devices and remove defective parts
- Perform a variety of welding tasks including but not limited to fabrication using hand welding and flame-cutting equipment
- Calibrate tooling and equipment using precision instruments
- Fabricate jigs, bus parts, and fixtures for various bus contracts
- Operate grinder, pneumatic tools, drill press and other metalworking tools
- Repair bus parts and accessories as necessary
- Troubleshoot all equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventive maintenance
- Remove facility recycling materials
- Perform various facility maintenance and maintain clear and safe work areas
- Supports both Nova Bus and Prevost operations
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
- High school diploma
- 3 to 5 years mechanical, electrical, welding, and machining
- Strong understanding of mechanical drawings
- Electrical background with knowledge of facility architecture, electronics, and wiring
- Knowledge and use of precision calibration equipment
- Understanding of wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Basic computer skills
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Positive personality and “can do” attitude
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America’s largest providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in the New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference?
Help electrify transportation by joining the team!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.