(Internal - Pay band 6)
Would you like to play a key role as a Sales Support Specialist within a fully inclusive team at Volvo Penta? This position forms part of our Business Support function, where a work hard, play hard mentality inspires this small, friendly team.
The role is responsible for supporting the sales team with the sale of Industrial engines throughout the UK and Ireland. You will be responsible for all Industrial related internal administration activities, providing sales support for the new engine ordering process to internal sales teams, Dealer Centres and OEM’s.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Utilising the in-house systems to ensure contract details are met in full and liaising with the end Customer, Technical Team and AB Volvo Penta to initiate any forward planning required to meet contract requirements
- Maintaining all purchase order routines to ensure all equipment is available to meet the required delivery date. Raise and progress/chase orders on AB Volvo Penta and any UK suppliers, maintain records of UK sourced items, update cost prices and calculate selling prices accordingly
- Stock management and monitoring to allocate available engines for fulfilment of standard customer orders and urgent orders
- Respond to quotation requests and customer enquiries
- Liaising with Credit Control and raising and checking invoices and credit notes before issue to customer
- Liaising with the Logistics Team to ensure deliveries are made in accordance with customer expectations
- Updating monthly order forecasts and statistical sales information and providing reports where required
- Supporting the Industrial Sales Team to allow them to maximise their sales time
- Provide support to Dealer Centres for sales systems and processes
- Act as back-up to the Sales Support Specialist – Marine during their absence
The Sales Support Specialist
The successful Sales Support Specialist should be a team player, as well as able to work independently and have excellent communications skills, written and verbal both internally and externally. You will have the ability to manage customer accounts in a professional and efficient manner whilst maintaining a keen attention to detail and accuracy with strong numerical abilities. You will be extremely customer and business oriented and able to work with Microsoft office being able to pick up internal systems quickly. A strong understanding of market conditions and legal requirements relating to engine sales in the UK and Ireland will be a high expectation and it would be desirable that you are familiar with the Volvo Penta product range and have an engineering qualification or relevant experience.
What we offer
As part of this friendly and hardworking team you can expect to enjoy some of the following; dress down Fridays; charity events on-site, Friday Fika (cake and catch-up) annual team building activity; free car parking on site, subsidised restaurant and coffee bar; convenient office location which is close to the M40 and A46.
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual Employee Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Healthcare
- Discount on new Volvo & Renault cars
- Volvo Social Club
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.