Want to join our journey towards excellence?This is us, your new colleagues...
First Line Manager, Central DISTRIBUTION CENTER
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility, and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner, and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary; revolutionary problem solving – all to reach our vision!Want to learn more?
Service Market Logistics (SML) is an organization within Volvo Group Truck Operations (GTO). Our responsibilities are to design, manage, and optimize the supply chain of aftermarket parts for all Volvo Group brands. In North America we support Mack and Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Penta, and several Volvo Bus brands. The scope of SML includes transport of material to warehouses, inventory management, management of packaging, and dealer order fulfillment. We ensure that all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence utilizing Lean Thinking and Quality at Source. Check out this video to learn more about our Distribution Centers... https://youtu.be/CqDhLq3WoC0
We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region. The Byhalia CDC is a 1.2 million square foot facility located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN. We operate in two shifts, employing approximately 600 union employees.
Many growth opportunities await for leaders who are willing to join our team. We are actively working to establish teams which will take maximum advantage of the diversity in our differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, and nationality. Our DNA is built upon our Volvo Production System (Lean) and our Volvo Values (Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance) are guiding us to continue to succeed in this industry.About the Position
The Inbound First Line Manager leads initiatives in our Central Distribution Center toward improving our performance to world class levels. In this role, you will drive continuous improvement activities to meet desired organizational performance targets. The FLM model behavior of an inspirational leader to engage and motivate teams, implementing changes through standardized work processes, using robust problem-solving methods to determine root causes for deviations and work to solutions.
The position is part of the Central Distribution Center Operation and reports directly to the Site Operations Manager. You will be accountable for the operational performance and will leading a team of team leaders and industrial workers.
This position will sit in Byhalia, MS.Main activities and responsibilities for these roles
Minimum Education and Experience
- You will promote and practice robust problem-solving methods to determine root causes for deviations.
- Gather and define best practices from inside and outside the company to drive performance to the next level.
- Quality assures the process where needed, by implementation quality gates, Pokayokes and audits.
- Ensure data collection is used in support of daily, weekly, and monthly performance indicators and reporting for the site.
- Lead the development and improvement actions as required to secure world class operational excellence.
- Support overall timekeeping and attendance tracking of the inbound team, ensuring SAP and other systems are kept updated.
- Support and ensure compliance of VPS, ISO9001, and ISO4001 way of work and communicate information to team.
- You will assist with attracting, hiring, and developing talent for new as well for existing employees.
- You will ensure that safety targets are met, and related policies are respected in the operation.
- You will maintain compliance with company policy/procedures as required as support all project activities as directed by the management.
Critical competencies and experience
- The ideal candidate for this position has a degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or similar field
- Five (5) years of relevant experience within a distribution and/or supply chain environment.
- Two (2) or more years of management/supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge in Lean principles and change management experience with the ability to set targets.
- Proficient in MS Office is require.
We are looking for a people-oriented leader with the ability to inspire, grow and challenge the organization and its employees. Your leadership style is value-based meaning you lead with passion, perform with purpose, and transform with vision. By doing this you are an inspiration to others to do the same. You are a role model for inclusion and diversity and your actions help keep the organization healthy and in balance. You are customer focused and manage with confidence and perseverance. You love the challenges that our high paced and results oriented environment brings and see problems as opportunity to improve and grow.
Market Logistics offers the opportunity to learn about, and impact, all our North American brands. In addition, we offer:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (earned time off)
- 401k with matching