- Are you pursuing engineer degree and have a strong business mindset?
- Do you want to join Volvo in its technical development journey from a profitability and a sustainability perspective?
- Do you think design to cost is a key concept to efficient product?
- Are you an open-minded person who enjoy sharing ideas, working in cross-functional teams and challenge status quo?
Then we have an opportunity for you! Product finance engineering team
in Volvo GTT in France (Lyon) , is now looking for an apprentice. GTT is the entity in charge of the development of our future zero emission vehicle including Powertrain, Chassis, Connectivity and Cabin.THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Our work, to secure a profitable product, starts in the early phases of the product development and continues throughout the product lifetime. We are a global organization which supports all truck ranges and sites within the Volvo Group. In Lyon, we are a great team of professionals that really enjoy the opportunity to drive and secure the profitability of our products, to share our knowledge with junior and have fun together.JOB DESCRIPTIONYou will develop your knowledge and experience in
WHO ARE YOU?Required knowledge/experience
- Concept selections optimization from a profitability and product cost perspective.
- Product cost roadmap activities.
- Profitability analysis calculation and business case creation
- Product cost estimates as a base for cross functional decisions.
- Challenging the technical development out of a product cost perspective.
- In master 2 either in Engineering or with double degree Engineering + Business
- Previous internship in Engineering Development teams is a plus
- Ability to combine the business and technical mind-set to guide and influence the product development decisions from a financial perspective.
- Good English communication skills, both spoken and written.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- You are a team player – you always have the best for the team in mind.
- You collaborate well with stakeholders in all levels within engineering, purchasing, product planning and finance.
- You like to work within a multi-cultural environment, and you value different opinions.
- You have strong problem-solving ability and can work independently.
- You communicate efficiently with people on all levels
- Able to navigate in complex environment
This position will provide you with a possibility to develop yourself both technically and personally. You will be a key person in the projects to secure that our concepts are profitable. You will get fantastic colleagues who will support you to become successful in your job and inspire your personal development.
Are we the perfect match for you? Please let us know as soon as possible and submit your application in English.CURIOUS? PLEASE CONTACT:Fabrice Marnas,
Director Product Finance Engineering
Telephone: +33 6 64 05 13 37