Lead ESW application engineer - Software Component Owner @ Battery Management System
Join Electromobility on an exciting journey creating the future electrified products for the Volvo Group and the future working place for our employees.
At Volvo Group Trucks Technology, we are currently looking for software component owner to coordinate both the supplier and inhouse software deliveries for the medium range products. This is us, your new colleagues at Electromobility
The Electromobility Department is responsible for developing electromobility solutions and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. This organization develop and drives the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within the Volvo Group. Electromobility is a growing organization in place to shape the future!
The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). We are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
Teamwork and collaboration is the foundation of great products and an attractive workplace. Therefore we work in cross-functional teams of 5-8 colleagues with complementary skills committed to a common purpose. Each team plan their work and deliver solutions together according to SAFe and Agile methods. The responsibility covers the full product life-cycle, from design to verification and maintenance in customer end products. What you will do
Who are you?
- Lead software pre study and software documentation updates together with System Design Engineers
- Follow-up and update the software function implementation plan.
- Owner of the Software release plan for supplier software and ensure its in line with in-house Software releases
- Secure that quality issues for the software parts are tracked to completion (e.g., being solving responsible for the issues).
- Defining the SW verification plan together with function system design engineers
- Initiate and planning for SW design reviews together function system design engineers and supplier quality engineer (SQE).
- Support SQE in performing Software-PPAP related activities for sourced Software.
- Secure SW delivery documentation from supplier
- Initiate product change request towards suppliers
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player with strong collaboration/networking skills and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver. You also need to be open-minded, self-motivated and you enjoy with working with suppliers.
We believe that you have:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience from the automotive industry.
- In depth experience about embedded Software development.
- High Experience in working with supplier Software
- Good knowledge regarding Software systems and tools.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Experience in Lithium-ion batteries along with battery state estimation and control algorithms
Automotive experience, TargetLink, C/C++, Embedded SW/HW, HIL, CAN, LIN, ISO 26262, J1939, Autosar, Systems Engineering and SW release chain.