Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging career?
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’re so awesome that we’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award a few years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!Who are we?
Simply put, Volvo Penta has been around for a while and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers. Also, we’d like to point out that business has been good!Who are we looking for to join our team?
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to become a Director, Industrial Distribution with our team in Chesapeake, Virginia. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Industrial Sales for Volvo Penta in North America.
As a Director, Industrial Distribution, you will create and facilitate the distribution development strategy for North America and Caribbean industrial networks. You will also be responsible for developing distribution networks and competencies in order to ensure attainment of our industrial growth initiative.Some of your core responsibilities will include:
In this position you will also need:
- Ensuring that Volvo Penta Industrial has distribution coverage in alignment with the overall goals and strategy. This will include ensuring that sales targets are met or exceeded, creating a strategic roadmap for distribution, analyzing requirements to make distributors successful, and defining the requirements of a successful distributor in accordance with Volvo Penta standards.
- Reviewing existing distributors and identifying areas of improvements.
- Managing the implementation of aftermarket solutions for OEM customer, as well as facilitating and managing dealer interfaces between Volvo Penta with OEMs/users.
- Ensuring revenue growth of parts, accessories, engines, and soft products. This will include developing and establishing a process to monitor, measure, and report planned versus actual objectives achieved.
- Gaining firsthand relationships with distribution partners including principles, sales, business development and service.
- Managing distributor advisory council activities.
- Developing and analyzing market opportunities. You will also be responsible for the management and improvement of the distributor KPI program.
- Directing and advising distributors on improvement activities to include defining an evaluation process for accessing new potential partners with business plans and benchmarking.
- Determine and manage dealer development and training as needed to ensure distributors are representing Volvo Penta in accordance with its brand and requirements.
- Actively participate in trade shows and other industry events.
As with most companies, you also need the following:
- A self-starter with a high energy level who can manage a busy workload with many deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership and organization skills with the ability to think and act strategically.
- You must have a proven record of accomplishment with OEM, distributor, and dealer customer base. You must also have a proven track records of delivering outstanding results.
- project management background, tempered with a strong balance of marketing and sales skills.
- Ability to travel out-of-town (50%+), including some international travel.
Education & Experience
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs.
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need. excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
This position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. An MBA is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working with distribution networks in the industrial, marine, or automotive industry.
- 2+ years’ experience managing a team.
- Industrial engine sales and/or aftermarket experience, a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), a plus.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan
- 401K with matching
- … and so much more!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Director, Industrial Distribution with our award-winning team.We look forward to meeting you!Disclaimer:
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/Vlist of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V