Cab Trim and Chassi Sweden
is a team consisting of 21 engaged and skilled engineers.
We are now looking for a Technical Preparation Engineer for the Cab Trim and Chassis area
With us, you can push your own professional skills and drive change together with committed colleagues. We are in an exciting transformation phase towards Electromobility. If you want to be part of product development and have a drive to improve manufacturing, come and create a new future together with us!Mission
The mission of the Technical Preparation Engineer is to deliver a product that is secured & aligned according to Volvo Production System and Volvo Operations Concept. As a Technical Preparation Engineer you will be the GTO engineering interface in product development.Position description
As a Technical Preparation Engineer you will be part of an engaged team working together to impact the next generation truck design to support our manufacturing plants and operators.
The position holder will be responsible for product preparation of a product area within Cab trim or Chassi Heavy Duty Trucks. Main interface will be Final assembly Plants and Group Truck Technology in both product changes and product modifications.
We would like you to be positive, open-minded and have the drive to take an E2E perspective on decided activities. Teamwork, and communication with collegues around the world is key. Main activities and responsibilities
The Technical Preparation Engineer has the responsibility to:
- Secure that product development delivers on the project target assembly graph, Physical Modules, Marriage Points
- Detail technical requirements on product development
- Evaluate and recommend product concepts
- Contribute to the development of and verify the technical solutions and support strategy development
- Manage internal ‘GTO Product’ coordination
- Provide input on assembly time impact to project
- Manage product documentation
- Lead activities to define implementation solutions within GTO in early stages
- Support activities within GTO on implementation solutions in factories
- Drive product problems resolution process
- Lead the implementation of product quality improvements identified in the field for GTO
- Manage and develop knowledge in area of responsibility
After some time and with sufficient experience built up following additional tasks/missions may occur:
Lead the TPE work in regional or even global projects within the competence area and be part of the GTO project management teamCritical competencies for the position
- Master or Bachelor degree of science or equivalent manufacturing experience. Preferably in (Electro-) Mechanic Engineering
- Target of 5 years of work within the Automotive Industry, preferably trucks industry
- Knowledge from project work within Volvo
- Experience from production engineering and/or production is an asset
- Technical competencies:
- Knowledge of automotive products
- Knowledge in product development
- Knowledge in use of quality tools, e.g. Design For Assembly (DFA), P-FMEA etc.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English
- Personal skills:
- Be a network builder and team player in a multicultural environment
- Solution & improvement focused and dedicated to deliver on time
- Negotiation skills
- Analytic skills
At Volvo Trucks we strive for diversity, and to maximize the team's potential by mixing knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality. We find that teams that have this increase their agility and creativity.
Applications will be read and interviews will be conducted continuously, so please do not wait with your application.For further information, please contact:
Ann-Charlotte Bragnå, Cab Trim and Chassis TPE, email@example.com
Åsa Sjöbeck Brunger, HR Business Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.