At Volvo Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group?
The time is now.This is us - your colleagues
‘Data’ is a new function within Volvo Digital & IT with the goal to unlock the power of data for the full Volvo Group to become a fully data-driven company! With data, the core component of our transformation journey, we will, together with our data talents, make the Volvo Group 2030 vision happen. We will take care of all the aspects of Data, how it is quality assured, documented, made available, prepared, and consumed through BI, Analytics and Machine Learning. We have an ambitious transformation in front of us, with an implementation of the Data Layer in Azure as well as the reinforcement of Data Governance and Data Management in the full Group.
The ‘Data’ function is a large multi-cultural organization with 600+ employees and contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, Belgium, Brazil, USA, and France.
This is a Flexible position, and in this role, you will be joining as a Data Availability Manager in one of these locations Belgium, France, Poland, or Sweden. Please mention the location while you apply.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Volvo Digital & IT, with Truck Divisions, Business Areas and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.Profile
The Data Availability Manager
is expected to lead a team of people to develop and deploy a set of DG&DM products and project covering Data Catalog, Data Marketplace, and Tooling Implementation in the organization.
This requires a deep knowledge and experience from Data Governance and Data Management, strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, and a pragmatic can-do attitude to apply directives in a comprehensive data transformation.Responsibilities
The Data Availability Manager
- Own the DG&DM products, projects, and tools in scope (Data Catalog, Data Marketplace and Tooling implementation)
- Lead the team responsible for developing and deploying those products in the organization, while also engaging in the operational work.
- Manage Volvo Group Data Catalog and drive documentation of data assets.
- Manage Volvo Group Data Marketplace and enable data product production and usage by providing processes, and tooling. Develop the data access process and ensure that all aspects are implemented in the Volvo Group data platform(s).
- Develop the data product strategy, principles and guidelines to provide the foundation for the data products producers.
- Secure that all aspects of the legal framework are implemented in data access process, Data Catalog and Data Marketplace.
- Manage tools to support data governance and data management (catalog, data quality, marketplace and MDM).
- Connect new and existing Data Governance & Mgmt. roles to Data Catalog and Data Marketplace responsibilities.
is responsible for driving and managing Data Catalog, Data Marketplace, and Data Governance & Management Tools.Required Competence
A perfect match?
- Documented experience and implementation track record within Data Governance and Data Management.
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading teams in agile, iterative work.
- Can-do attitude paired with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Great structuring and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion, and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard, where your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
Curious, to know more please do not hesitate to reach out to Daniel Schneider at +49 172 6508227.Union representatives for Swedish applicants:
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Johan Svedberg, +46 31 3222712
Ledarna – Ulrika Holmberg, +46 31 3225071
Will you join us?
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.