is part of Group Trucks Operations. We are an organization of approximately 650 colleagues, globally connected to deliver world class logistics solutions. We ensure that transportation is purchased, packaging is made available at our suppliers, material is transported to our production facilities, and vehicles are distributed to our customers on time. We design and optimize the Production Logistics supply chain for the Volvo Group, prepare logistics for new products and drive the Sales & Operations Planning process. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, based upon Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.Strategy & Digitalization, Production Logistics
is a new function responsible to drive the strategy, digitalization, sustainability while support the group within the strategic ambitions of developing new service offers. We work close with the operational functions as well as the market of supply chain and transport management which gives us a unique opportunity to drive business value in the operational processes while leveraging these in new service offers. The logistics sustainability developer will be responsible for vision and sustainability roadmap.THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Do you see yourself in a role where business meets sustainability?
Sustainability is becoming an important part of our business and our transformation journey. We have big plans for the future and ambitious targets, as reaching the world’s most sustainable transport system by 2025, as well as contributing to the Volvo group net zero value chain Greenhouse Gas emission by 2040.
This role will play a vital part in transforming the production supply chain by allowing our operations and transportation system to reduce carbon footprint and climate impact. This is the place where you can make a difference. It’s actually a requirement to work here – you need to be passionate about making things better for our business, our people and our planet.WHO ARE YOU?
We need you have a strong interest and holistic perspective on how we can transform our today’s transportation system by driving GHG reduction exploration and identifying relevant solutions to be introduced. You have the will and confidence to drive conceptual changes with senior management.
You are a skilled communicator, who manages stakeholders in a cross functional and multi-cultural environment with ease. You find energy in making a difference and have a positive and pragmatic attitude.ROLE DESCRIPTION
What we absolutely need you to do
The ticket to ride
- Break down the 2040 net zero carbon vision - set a roadmap and strategic milestones
- Drive exploration and assess new technologies and services supporting transport supply chain decarbonization
- Identify levers and drivers of transport GHG emissions decarbonizing solutions, including foreseen accessibility to market and technical development
- Identify and drive sustainability opportunities and prerequisites in the digital development
- Engage in industry collaborations and partnerships
- Collaborating with various organizations within the Volvo Group Actively, e.g Camp X
- Actively drive market outlook and perform benchmarks in the area of domain
- Internal and external communication
ARE WE A PERFECT MATCH?
- University/Master’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working experience in sustainability and/or logistics
- Consultancy background is an advantage
- Strong business insight of the end-to-end supply chain, automotive and/or transportation
- Proven experience in setting strategic vision and roadmaps
- Comfortable in managing ambiguity, curious in exploring the unknown
- A can-do mind-set with drive and energy for improvements and change
- Enjoy networking and collaboration, are a team player
- Skilled communicator, who manages stakeholders in a cross functional and multi-cultural environment with ease
- Proficiency in English skills both written and spoken
We can’t promise you an effortless job, but we can promise you some skilled colleagues and some truly exciting challenges to work with. You will work in a global environment that provides you with development opportunities, both professionally and personally
If you are looking for a challenge in a high pace environment, have a deep understanding of the human software together with a good business & sustainability understanding, you are most welcome with your application.
You will be part of the Production Supply Chain Sustainability team.
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Please, do not wait with your application, interviews will be conducted continuously.
For further information please contact:
Jessica Öhrblad, VP Strategy and Digitalization, Production Logistics, or +47318228015
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.