Assistant/Paralegal Volvo Trucks
Do you want a job where you can make a difference?
For every person who wants to make a real difference to society, the transportation business is where you want to be – now and in the coming years. Together, we are shaping the world we want to live in.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant/Paralegal to Volvo Trucks Legal & Compliance team located in Göteborg, Sweden. Are you a team player that wants to contribute to the bigger picture? Are you passionate about driving change and continuous improvements? Then you might be the person we are looking for.
In this role you report to the VP Litigations VT but you also support the SVP VT Legal and Compliance. You will play an important role in our daily work by coordinating, managing administration, and offering support in various administrative tasks. The work involves a high level of responsibility and requires commitment, good networking skills, loyalty, and sound judgment.
The successful candidate understands the business priorities and demonstrates the ability to proactively anticipate needs and drive improvements. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is also required.
Being an Assistant/Paralegal means completing multifaceted tasks and projects and reacting with urgency to situations when needed. As you enjoy being proactive you also have the ability to swiftly change course if needed to solve problems or other situations that might occur.
You thrive in a multicultural environment where we respect and trust each other in order to drive our business forward.The Volvo Trucks Legal & Compliance team
The Volvo Trucks Legal & Compliance team comprises of experienced and highly skilled legal and administrative professionals operating in a truly global environment. As a team, we are passionate about contributing to the success of Volvo Trucks and the Volvo Group by being trusted business partners with integrity and independence. We enjoy working together, collaborate and learn from each other, without prestige. We also value diversity, a creative workplace and having fun at work.Role Description
As part of the Volvo Trucks Legal & Compliance team, you will provide support within a wide range of legal and compliance areas. You will actively identify and work proactively with legal risks and opportunities. Tasks include the following:
Further on, you will cooperate with legal and administrative colleagues around the world.Qualifications
- Drafting, handling and filing of Legal Documents (power of attorney, agreements), as well as notarizations/legalizations
- Coordinate Legal Audits, Blueprint updates and Legal Spend follow-up
- Manage team collaboration and communication spaces
- Production of legal training material
- Lead and/or participate in legal improvement projects, incl. digitalization, contract handling and knowledge management projects
- Participate in major legal projects such as litigation, transactions, collaborations
- Administer Whistleblower cases and investigation reporting including escalations
- Administer Legal boards, Board documentation and Board meetings
- Law firm engagement letter and follow up
- Invoice handling
- General administration such as travel and visa arrangements, travel and expense reports, meeting bookings, agendas and presentation material
- Paralegal training and/or administrative training in combination with work experience from similar positions (minimum 5 years).
- Excellent IT skills (including Office 365) and ability to learn and use new IT tools and methods.
- True team player with good networking skills and high energy.
- Strong professionalism, good judgement, and high integrity.
- A sense for practical problem-solving.
- Passion to drive change and continuous improvements.
- Good organizational skills and problem-solving skills, attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High proficiency in English.
We offer a global working environment with dedicated and professional colleagues and countless development and career opportunities.Please, apply with CV and personal letter as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted continuously.For further information, please contact:
Magnus Heidenvall, VP Litigation, email@example.com
Benedikte Leroy, SVP & General Counsel Volvo Trucks Legal & Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Ekelund, HR, email@example.comKindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.