Passionate for creating engaging content, storytelling, analyzing data, supporting customers and conducting in-depth research. The Social Media Intern will report to the Director of Creative Content, and will be an integral part of the Mack Trucks Brand & Marketing team. The ideal candidate should be capable of both creating and implementing the annual social media strategy across all official Mack Trucks social media channels.Responsibilities / Main Tasks / Targets:
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Maintain the social media content calendar utilizing project management software, Asana.
- Create written and visual content for Mack Truck’s social media accounts.
- Be the team expert for TalkWalker, our social listening software, to compare our performance with industry competitors.
- Maintain social influencer relationships and identify potential influencers. Monitor social influencer performance and hold influencers accountable to all written agreements.
- Create visually dynamic and meaningful dashboards to track year-over-year performance.
- Report monthly on social media performance and upcoming content.
- Create and implement an automated social media customer support system.
- Research and stay on top of emerging trends in social media and within the transportation industry.
- Create data-driven decisions for the annual social media strategy across all social channels.
- Prior experience creating digital content.
- Strong research skills. Ability to compile research findings, present recommendations, and take ownership of a project is critical to success in this role.
- Experience managing content calendars to plan social posts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to communicate the same message to different audiences.
- Experience with data analytics and creating Boolean string queries is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using graphic design software, such as Adobe editing products (Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop) is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks; detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate in a team, internal and external stakeholders via remote and in-person settings.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Experience with social media publishing tools, such as Hootsuite.
- Knowledge of/experience with social listening/AI tools, such as Talkwalker.
- Experience managing and engaging with the social media community including Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Data Analytics, or related field of study at an accredited university. Must have completed 30 hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Internship experience or relevant university projects.
- Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
Microsoft Office programs (Excel /Word/PowerPoint/SharePoint/Outlook/Teams); Social Media tools (Hootsuite, Talkwalker, Amplify); Project Management (Asana).