Are you a curious changemaker who thrives in a fast-paced, global, and complex environment? Does the opportunity to make an impact excite you, and are you looking for a career where you grow and learn every day? At Volvo Group Purchasing we shape the world we want to live in, by leveraging our ecosystem of supply network partners to drive prosperity.
Innovation, sustainability, diversity, competitiveness, resiliency, new business models, and digitalization are all key drivers in how we select partners, partners that have the same value based and people centric view of the world as we do here at Volvo Group.
Together we deliver business value to our customers and the Volvo Group.
We are looking for talent with passion, commitment and big ideas who want to make a difference. Sounds like you? Join our team!
The North America Purchasing team is an organization within Group Purchasing supporting Volvo Trucks North America and Mack brands on the purchasing related activities both on automotive and indirect purchasing.
Supply Network Resiliency and Project Management (SNR/PM) is a global organization within Purchasing with responsibility for the product project portfolio, volume and supplier capacity planning, supply partner development and crisis management. The team works cross functionally with GTT, GTO, and Volvo Group Brands using efficient governance to enable the best performance for customer success as well as digitalization to monitor and develop our suppliers into trusted partners, leading to full transparency and proactive visibility of risks during end-to-end processes.
For Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing North America, Supply Network Resiliency and Project Management (SNR/PM) is the operational line for all SNR/PM purchasing activities in the region and works with the global strategic line to organize strong Group collaboration and synergies. The team is responsible to drive end-to-end purchasing activities for the resiliency of the supply network and securing project deliverables while securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
As Supply Network Resiliency Business Intelligence & Governance Manager, this role will play a key role in the SNR and PM team. Responsible for running the internal operational and management pulse meetings for selected supply network crisis cases, you have a very good knowledge of the on-going crisis activities, you step in when necessary to challenge the situation and secure fast pace and quick escalation when necessary.
This role actively contributes to the continuous improvement of the department – specifically in the crisis management process and tools, in close connection to Purchasing Strategy & Digitalization and by actively contributing to the digitalization of the SNR department.
Another part of your mission is to gather business intelligence data related to the supply chain challenges of the industry as well as segments where we have developed Tier N relationships. This activity is a great help for the case leaders, for management and for the commodities in general. When necessary, you work jointly with multiple cross functional teams and internal / external stakeholders. Examples include the Raw Material team and other business or technology specialists.
You are also coordinating these crisis and business intelligence activities with the Purchasing organizations of the other Business Areas of Volvo Group.
Reporting to: Head of Supply Network Resiliency and Project Management North America
Location: Greensboro, NC
Competence and Experience
- Synchronize the SNR team for all activities, driving the pulse and creating a sense of urgency
- Issue Business Intelligence reports on relevant segments to support operational and strategic activities, in close cooperation with Head of Tier N management, Business Specialists and experts, Raw Material team and any other relevant function
- Coordinate the selected crisis management governance: manage the agenda, facilitate meetings, with an active role in the whole process
- Be the key contact of PS&D for tools and processes continuous improvement
- Secures smooth synchronization with CRISM/CRISC/SRC governance
- Synchronize crisis management activities within Volvo Group Purchasing Community (VCE, Penta, Bus)
- Issue executive crisis reports
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Strong crisis management and data management skills
- Proficient in Continuous improvement methodologies
- Expert problem-solving techniques
- Developed people and team motivational skills
- Ability to thrive in agile and complex situations
- A strong understanding of business challenges in a global environment and preferably a good understanding of the Volvo Group Business
- Executive communication skills
- Experience in Purchasing and supplier management
- Experience in manufacturing and operations
- You will be a member of the Supply Network Resiliency and Project Management leadership team and actively contribute to the development of the department
- You support the team and guide the teams on approach, depth, focus, techniques, continuous improvement, and lessons learned to properly address situations. Each supplier performance issue is unique
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!