Senior Buyer - Battery Cell Material
The transport industry is developing at a higher pace than ever before and we at Volvo Group want to shape the future of transportation. We are fully committed to the Paris agreement targets and our long-term ambitions are clear. We will become 100% fossil free, 100% safe and 100% more productive. Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do in the Volvo Group.
You love our planet, you love to drive change and you love to move forward. By 2030 more than 35% of our global shipments of vehicles should be electric. Furthermore, we want to lead the way to a fossil free society. Would you love to shape this future of transportation together with us?
To enable this exciting future, we are looking for you who have a deep knowledge and previous experience within the Battery Cell Supply Chain
. The rapid transformation and new market environment have fostered a new way of thinking within the battery value chain which is challenging our current ways of working in both the internal and external ecosystem. As the Buyer of Battery Cell Material
, you will have a key role in the battery purchasing team and be in the heart of this transformation journey in an innovative and highly strategic area. We are looking for you who are a collaborator and who have a strong strategic understanding, to join us in in implementing Volvo Group’s sustainability and electrification agenda in the battery purchasing team. Join us and make a difference! Our offer to you
The battery cell business is characterized by a dynamic environment with fast moving technology, new business models, varying demands from customers and a full focus on quality, safety, and sustainability amongst others. We strive to be in the driver seat of this development, and this is where you come into the picture. We are looking for you who are eager to be a part of developing and setting the course for our society’s future electric transport solutions together with us. What will you work with as a Buyer of Battery Cell Material?
You will, as a key member of the battery purchasing team contribute to develop and implement the strategy for the full upstream supply chain of the battery cell, covering raw material and active material amongst others in strong collaboration with the buyer network and the cross functional colleagues. That means e.g.:
This is us
- Build and maintain the expertise and strategic understanding of the battery cell material: e.g., identifying micro and macro trends, market development, suppliers in the full tier N network, competition, technologies, new business models, total cost of ownership, sustainability etc.
- Define, drive, and implement activities required for the battery cell material: e.g., enable and build partnerships, negotiations, project implementation, crisis and risk management, sustainability activities and total cost optimization
- Develop the way of working with the battery cell material and the full ecosystem including tier N management
- Lead purchasing activities related to involvement of supply chain partners in technology development projects
- Ensure strong and efficient collaboration with a large internal and external network
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group’s defined Values (Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, Performance)
You will join a passionate team, creating business value in an open and multicultural, dynamic environment with highly innovative products. We are team players, with energy and creativity, who drive change and strive for the best in order to deliver results. We like challenges, having fun and are committed to customer and Volvo Group success. We work closely together with our cross functional stakeholders both in the internal and external ecosystem and we believe we are here to make a difference and shape the world we want to live in. This is you
We are looking for someone that is curious, driven and has a passion to be part of Volvo Group’s journey to shape the future of transportation and its supply chain with a full focus on sustainability. We are looking for someone with the ability to maintain and build relationships, drive change and who dares to try things no one has done before. With this said, the most important thing for us is that you:
Do you want to be a part of this journey to become world leader in electromobility?
- You like to do business and have a passion for purchasing: you demonstrate excellent communication skills both at operational and executive level, and you are comfortable in cross functional and multicultural set-up
- You have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with your counterparts in the internal and external ecosystem
- You are always striving to improve both yourself and your work environment
- You are driven, responsible and accountable for your deliveries
- You are a purchasing professional with excellent business acumen and previous experience in the upstream battery cell supply chain
- You have an adequate academic education
Then you should apply today. We are moving into the future, and this is a chance to join us on our ride - jump on! Are you curious to hear more about the job? Or the department? Or do you have other questions? Contact any of us:
Kajsa Sjögren (email@example.com), Head of Battery Purchasing HD BEV
Jenny Lilliehöök (firstname.lastname@example.org), People & CultureKindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.