Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician (HGV) Renault Trucks - EssexBrief overview of the role
With strong growth in 2021 and winning prestigious awards for the Evolution range and the new Electromobility vehicles plus busier than before Workshops being part of Renault Trucks is an exciting place to be. Want to join us?
At Renault, we pride ourselves on producing world class vehicles with excellent performance and impeccable reliability. We train our staff to the same high standards via our Technician Apprentice Programme – considered to be the best in the industry.Closing date
Open until further noticeApprenticeship summary
40 hours a week, Mon-Fri
Above National Apprentice Minimum Rate Apprenticeship level
Advanced Level Apprenticeship Vacancy description
Areas of responsibility include:
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.
- Ensure the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Assist technician to carry out repairs according to Renault procedures in a safe and responsible manner.
- Learn how to use Renault special tools safely and efficiently.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
- Assist with cleaning the workshop.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair.
- Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with.
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor.
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
Requirements and prospectsDesired skills
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos.
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business-like and professional manner.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Renault image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- To be able to work on developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches.
- Have a real interest in the retail motor industry.
- Be willing to provide an excellent service to our customers.
- The right attitude, determination and commitment.
- If you have the desire and passion to work in the motor industry, good GCSE grades (or equivalent) or can demonstrate a reasonable level of knowledge in Maths and Science, this could be your first step to a fantastic future in Renault.
Progression to a higher qualification.
Training provider - REMIT
Training to be provided
Standard Level 3 Qualification- HGV Maintenance and Repair.
- Level 3 Standard HGV Maintenance and Repair.
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities.
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 Maths and English.
- Block release at Stephenson College.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided.
Qualification and Block release will be explained in more detail at the time of Assessment/Interview.
Renault Truck Commercials is an Equal opportunity Employer