We are Hiring Simulation Engineer Powertrain Engineering
Imagine yourself on the way to work, a regular Wednesday morning. As you pass the city and the fields and look out; you see a Truck, a Construction Machine and a Bus. All with the Volvo Brand. When looking at the driver in one of the Buses you pass, you realize that you can see how much these persons loves their vehicle, in the way their eyes spark and from their facial expressions. You can also see the satisfaction amongst the passengers – someone is sleeping, someone is looking out the window relaxing and someone is talking in the phone, without needing to raise their voice, as the bus is electric and so quiet. As you look at these people and see their positive feelings, you feel proud. You feel proud since you are a part of building these customer experiences. You are doing it through creating new and advanced solutions for insights on perceived customer satisfaction in combination with future technologies!
We would now like to give you the possibility to make this imagination and pride your reality. Come and join us as Simulation Engineer!Who are we, your new colleagues?
We at Volvo Group are constantly moving and changing to be one step ahead in the technology journey. Within Volvo Group Trucks Technology, we are adapting and challenging ourselves to be able to develop new breakthrough transport solutions. We strive to add value and the best solutions to our customers while being energy efficient, sustainable, and safer for society. That is why we at the team Application Engineering & Simulation now are looking for you, our new colleague, for the position as Simulation Engineer.
In our team, we are driven by curiosity, and it is important for us to think outside of the box and try new things to be able to best succeed. We are driven by passion for what we do, and we also value great communication – without communication we cannot work with so much flexibility and trust as we do today. Lastly, we strongly believe that a helpful team who is passionate about what they do is the key for an effective and good work environment.This is how you can make an impact:
You will work as a Simulation Engineer within the area of Simulation. Depending on your previous experience and interest, the focus of your responsibility might be a little different. We do believe you will contribute with:
Who are you?
- Identifying what is available on the external market as well as the internal Volvo Group organizations and how we can benefit within Application Engineering & Simulation to utilize and evolve through Simulations.
- Driving how to reach from opportunities to implemented solutions, through our team and collaborating partners.
- Breaking down a common backlog with your experiences of knowledge in the area of Simulations to be able to go from theory to implementations, together with the team, stakeholders and Product Owners.
- Networking, relationship building and collaborations towards our user groups and stakeholders, to assure we are on top of their challenges and are solving the most needed requirements first as well as holding the longtime promises to assure a stable evolution of the Simulation area over time.
- Participating in and driving from Proof of Concept to finished solutions and taking pride in the ownership of solutions primarily in the area of Powertrain engineering
- Carry out complete powertrain simulations and support method development within this field.
Since we don’t know you yet, we might not have everything right about who we think you are and bring with you. If we would guess, we think you are person with passion for Simulations, with strong analytical skills with curiosity of working in Agile set ups with a positive mindset “can do attitude”. We also believe you enjoy identifying opportunities from theory and translating them into attractive simulation solutions. Besides this you like coding and scripting. We also believe it is good to be curious to evolve the area of Application Engineering & Simulation as well as defining what we are able to deliver as business value, as our mission includes both.
What we do know about you for sure, is that you need to be a team player with eagerness to try and change through collaboration, co-operation, sharing insights, solutions and ideas.Other criteria for the position are:
What can we offer?
- You are holding a MSc. in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Mechanical or applicable engineering field together with at least 5 years of Professional experience.
- Preferably you have worked with embedded vehicle SW in some context.
- You like to collaborate with other teams in a large global organization and to expand your personal network.
- If you have experience from truck driving this is considered meritorious.
- You have good knowledge about or are very motivated to learn Matlab Simulink
- You have skills in using Python and GIT
You will work in the heart of Powertrain development close to all fantastic products we offer around the world. We believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce we create a competitive advantage. It is the individuals in the team and our ability to cooperate that makes the difference.Curious and want to know more about the role? Please contact me! I look forward to getting to know you better:
Anders Åslund, Manager Application Engineering and Simulation GTT Powertrain Engineering Sweden, Tel: +46 739023204