The Powertrain Engineering Test Lab is the corner stone for the development of all New Products in the vehicle Propulsion area. If you’re interested to be a key player in the journey towards introducing new technologies, then the test Lab is the place to be!
As an engineer, are you getting energized by designing tomorrow’s world? Are you convinced that Simulation and Virtual Testing can bring in a tremendous step forward in our product development? Do you think we can do a lot better together? … Then think about this position.
Who are we?
In the Powertrain Engineering Test Lab, we support the development of the propulsion systems of our commercial vehicles for today and for tomorrow. We develop sustainable propulsion systems both on conventional engines as well as electrical drivelines. We run our products on test rigs as well as simulation and virtual testing. And we are proud that we have developed a highly efficient process where we provide our engineers with a full span of tools from fully virtual tests to fully hardware tests. We want to continue being front edge in simulation and further enhance our virtualizing capabilities … and we love challenges!
- Develop simulation for Hardware in the Loop. For that purpose, you will cooperate with the platform simulation team in charge of modeling all vehicle single systems. We rely on you to improve the existing tools, further increase the level of build-in features and enhance automation. You will set-up solid processes for systematic use of simulation on our rigs
- Run virtual testing: you will support our calibration engineers for the required virtual testing all along the different steps of a project. You will secure data quality for inputs and outputs. You will tweak and adapt the real time modelling whenever needed. You will interface with the test rigs control systems so that the simulation tool gets fully embedded in all our test rigs for all our products. You will have close cooperation with our test rigs development team and possibly with external suppliers for our OS.
- Oversee road map and consistency between our simulation tools within the Lab. You will find ways to further commonalize all our simulation tools.
Who are you? Are we a perfect match?
You truly enjoy exploring new areas. You love to learn, you are eager to try new things, you are passionate teaming-up with many diverse people. You are energized by moving forward and sharing your knowledge with others. You are comfortable dealing with both short term activities and long term plans. You are results-oriented and you are seen as an inspiring leader by all your workmates. You are committed to your deliverables. Quality is definitely guiding you at all times.
Education / Experience :
- Master of Science in Simulation, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical, Software or Mechanical engineering
- Several years of experience in complex systems simulation
- Powertrain component knowledge (transmission, engine, motor, axles, …) / CAN messages
- Hardware in the Loop & Real Time simulation
- Python, Git and Power BI are a plus
- Quality Oriented
- Up to date on digital technologies
- Open and creative with natural leading skills
- Environmental core value
- Fluent in English
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.