Shaping the future of infrastructure and transportation.
The Volvo Group has embarked in an ambitious Digitalization journey to support and enable our strategic plan to deliver sustainable transportation solutions to the world, meet our net zero carbon footprint target and provide new products and services to our customers.
As part of the Digital & IT Purchasing team, you will be at the forefront of this journey to develop Volvo Group’s digital capabilities by working closely with global stakeholders, suppliers and colleagues to enable our shift to the latest technologies in the Product Development and Operations domains. Collaborating with the Segment Leader and other Commodity Buyer(s) to develop category strategy, source and contract solutions to allow Volvo Group to embrace the latest technology trends such as Virtual Manufacturing, IoT, Digital Twins, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Advanced Analytics and much more to accelerate Volvo Group’s transition to more sustainable infrastructure and transportation solutions.
Are you a curious person who thrives in a fast-paced, global and complex environment? Does the opportunity to make an impact excite you, and are you looking for a career where you grow and learn every day? At Volvo Group Purchasing we shape the world we want to live in, by leveraging our ecosystem of suppliers and partners to drive prosperity.
Innovation, sustainability, diversity, competitiveness, resiliency, new business models, and digitalization are all key drivers in how we work and how we select partners to Volvo Group; partners that have the same value based and people centric view of the world as we do here at Volvo Group.
We are looking for talented individuals with passion, commitment and big ideas who want to make a difference. Sounds like you? Join the team!This is us:
Services, Digital and Investment Purchasing is a global organization within Volvo GTP representing a yearly purchased spend of 43 BSEK. The team is responsible for Investments, Digital & IT, Professional Service & Travel, Product & Operation Services.
We are now looking for a colleague who will be part of the Digital Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Connected Solutions team within the Digital & IT Purchasing department, who would like to join our dynamic and goal oriented team. We are proud to say that in our team we create TRUST by the way of working with peers and colleagues. We deliver with world-class PERFORMANCE both hard and soft. We have fun at work and show PASSION in what we do. CUSTOMER SUCCESS is guiding us in the decisions. We CHANGE to stay ahead, and we continuously improve every day.
In this position you will report to the Head of Digital Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Emerging Technology Purchasing.Your role:
As a Digital & IT Buyer / Sr. Buyer
, you will be responsible for the execution of day-to-day procurement activities for the assigned segment. The primary focus is to lead and deliver on planned activities but also to tackle ad-hoc and unplanned activities to deliver opportunities to bring value to the Volvo Group.
In this role, You will work closely with the Segment Leader to support and implement the Segment Business Plan (Category Strategy) by defining supplier strategies, leading sourcing activities, and creating and maintaining contractual and commercial relationships with suppliers. You will work proactively with your team members and with key stakeholders to understand your commodity, its market, delivery base and potential innovation, to find ways to optimize the QDCFTSR of the segment (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management).
In order to excel in this role, you should ideally have a few years of experience as a strategic buyer, Sourcing Manager, or similar role, for instance within the areas of: Software, Technology or IT. The profile we are looking for, can handle the whole sourcing process end-to-end, coordinate stakeholder expectations and handle selected supplier relationships. You have an organized and structured way of working, including planning and following up on activities and you always apply fact-based decision making.Main Responsibilities:
Competences & Experiences:
- Supporting our stakeholders in sourcing and contracting of software and SaaS solutions for the assigned domain
- Aligning business needs with Segment Business Plan (Category Strategy) and challenging demand when relevant to question status quo or decided routes with stakeholders and work proactively to build better understanding and work towards common solutions
- Constantly seeking opportunities to simplify processes, create value and work in a more efficient way
- Handling both contractual and commercial negotiations
- Owning and managing Key Suppliers relationships
- Responsibility for updating the needed digital tools (Due Diligence, Source to pay, KPIs)
- Participate and animate internal network with other Commodity Buyers and Segment Leaders and stakeholders to foster knowledge sharing and alignment relating to your segment and suppliers
- There will be need for regional and global business travels from time to time
What we offer:
- University degree in Business, Economics, Management, Supply Chain, Engineering or IT
- Solid technology understanding and curiosity about new technology
- Previous similar experience in an international purchasing organization, technology sales account management or management consulting.
- High level of integrity and trust
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to create trusted relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and co-workers
- Ability to handle ambiguities and hold things together during tough times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English, any other language is a merit
- Ability to execute in a global diverse and inclusive matrix organization
- High degree of autonomy while also understanding when escalation is needed
- Ability to create networks and lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams
Sure, we have all the basics in place like pension and insurance, wellness allowance and a competitive salary. Those are just a few of the reasons you choose us… You want to work with us because you will:
- Be a part of a global and diverse team, with purchasing teammates in different continents.
- Be a part of shaping the world into a more sustainably future.
- Be a part of a fun working culture with high pace where it does not get boring.
- Be part of creating innovative ways to do business for the future
- Have endless opportunities to grow within the Volvo Group in pursuing your future career dreams.
Wrocław, PolandAre you ready to step into the future with us?
The future is here. We take responsibility for our future society by creating prosperity. Are you ready to join us on the journey? Apply now.Curious and have some questions about this exciting role? Contact us!
Head of Digital Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Emerging Technology Purchasing