Senior Software Engineer (Siebel) - IndiaPosition Description:
We are a unit in DDA Marketing & Product Sales. It is a global unit within Digital & IT with the responsibility for IT solutions and IT projects related to the marketing and product sales area. This position is to work in Solution Center CRM – Customer Relationship Management supporting Volvo Trucks and Renault Trucks.
You will work together with 15 passionate colleagues engaged in the Renault Trucks CRM solution Salesdrive, located in India and France. We embrace different backgrounds, experiences, opinions, genders, ages and necessities. Here we aren't afraid of healthy, honest and real debates. It is how we get the best possible ideas! We are very serious with our deliveries, but we also make sure we have lots of fun! We always celebrate our achievements, either big or small ones.
Do you have passion for customer success and want to be part of securing outstanding Digital & IT solutions for the end user? As Senior Engineer you will be able to combine your deep interest in technology with a customer and upstream mindset to secure we deliver quality assured CRM solution for Renault Truck.
As an Senior Siebel professional, you will be responsible for the solutions' full life-cycles and services in both run-time and one-time; you will also work together with the Delivery Manager to implement both strategic and tactical plans for the solutions within the portfolios as well as planning for the deliveries and maintenance of these solutions.
Lifecycle of the Salesdrive solution include some intensive period when e.g., upgrades or project cutover are conducted. Who are you?
As a person, you need to be a team player with a positive mindset, and you are curious to further take on the various development challenges. You are an experienced IT Senior Engineer as well as team leader and have knowledge on the Siebel CRM platform. You are patient, self-learner and have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, as well as continuous improvement mindsetYour main activities and responsibilities:
Experience & Technical competencies
- Lead Siebel technical team for high quality deliverables
- Working closely to the development team as well as Solution leader to plan, execute and follow both one-time and run-time deliveries
- Bring expertise in solution design to fulfill both business and technical requirements, and support requirements understanding by the application development team
- Leading architectural activities such as roadmaps, application fitness exercises and act as technical subject matter experts.
- Support Delivery Manager and team to perform industry benchmarks and work with IT architect to address technical debts and adopt modern technologies
- Be accountable for meeting SLA’s and KPI’s set by Delivery Manager and business stakeholders
- Provide inputs to application roadmap
- Build open, honest and strong collaborative mindset with infrastructure, security, application- and business team as well as with external suppliers
- Emphasize support process efficiency and provide expert support for incident resolution when needed
- Initiate and encourage competence development activities for the team members in cooperation with the Delivery Manager
- Support application modernization and transition towards an agile Product team
- Perform design and code reviews and support in planning and estimations
- Relevant university degree in IT
- 10+ years of work experience in Siebel technology
- Hands on Experience in Siebel Configuration, Siebel EAI and Siebel Open UI
- Extensive experience in IP19 and above versions
- Experience in multi-channel approach/Mobile implementation is a plus
- Relevant work experience/Good understanding in ETL and Reporting tool is preferable
- Strong understanding of Siebel software architecture and programming principles required
- Previous experience as delivery leader, or service/run-time manager
- Proficient knowledge in agile development process and agile coaching will be an asset
- Hands on experience with production environments
- Good knowledge on the different technical aspects of environments (database management, network, monitoring, backup policy, performance improvements…)
- Excellent communication skills & Fluent in English
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- ‘Can-do ‘and servant leader attitude
- Experience in CRM area & Sales processes is a plus
You will get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally.
You will drive Change Management activities, product innovations and secure that deliveries are aligned with defined frameworks, guidelines and security directives.
You will contribute to our journey to a stable Product team as well as agile transition.
At Volvo Group, we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, nationality etc.
Application screening will start immediately; we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.