Are you passionate about modern electronics, computer software and machine learning? Are you curious about finding ways for computers to automate mundane human tasks and increase the quality and quantity of work we can do?
Do you want to be at the forefront of the transportation industry - creating new products, services, and future transport solutions for our customers?
Are you intrigued by the possibilities of autonomous & electric vehicles and other solutions for a sustainable future, and are you interested in joining our exciting journey to design, develop, and release electronic hardware and software solutions to automate testing of products and services for our customers?
Do you thrive on the prospect of leading, coaching and mentoring a team of highly skilled, passionate electronic hardware and software engineers?
If so, Volvo Group Trucks North America has an exciting opportunity for you as an Engineering Manager to lead the Test Automation & Infrastructure team in Greensboro, NC!
Who We Are
Our team, Test Automation & Infrastructure, is at the heart of innovation at Vehicle Engineering in North America. We develop solutions to build and automate the verification of electronics hardware and software for Volvo Group products and services. We are looking to strengthen our team with a passionate leader, who has the drive and motivation to join us on our journey. We hope you are interested in joining a team where we share responsibility and are proud of our products and solutions. Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals.
We have a strong culture based on our values, which is central to all our work. We believe in a culture where:
- We constantly strive for outstanding performance
- We are obsessed with customer success
- We initiate change to stay ahead
- We willingly place our trust in each other
- We have a huge passion for what we do
What You Will Be Doing
As Engineering Manager – Test Automation & Infrastructure, you will lead a team focused on creating innovative and cutting-edge solutions to aid and automate the verification of electronic and connectivity solutions used in Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks in North America. With your team, you will be ensuring our products have the highest quality before they reach the market. All over the world. Every day.
Your task will be to guide the strategy and development activities as well as the people on your team. You will guide your team according to the agile way of working. This position requires the individual to accept ownership and accountability by setting direction, assessing alternatives, rationalizing risk, and making decisions.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of skilled Engineers
- Managing resources, competence, and professional development
- Representing the function in local and global meetings
- Leading continuous improvement activities
- Ensuring the use of relevant processes and methods
- Developing and maintaining appropriate cross functional networks
- Leading planning, budgeting, and follow-up within department
- Taking an active part in the management team within your function
In this position, you will report to the Section Manager – Build, Integrate and Test in Greensboro, NC and take an active part in the leadership team to contribute to the overall development of the department.
Who You Are
You are an experienced and passionate leader, with a “can-do” attitude, who takes initiative and has a desire for improvement. You actively encourage strong communication amongst your team and have a passion for developing people as well as technology. You are looking for a new challenge that will allow you to grow both personally and professionally.
Compensation & Benefits
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer or Mechatronics engineering, or related field
- Eight years or more experience in electronic systems development, preferably in the automotive industry
- Leadership experience as a manager with direct reports is preferred
- Experience managing large projects, in an agile environment is a great advantage
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the transportation market and applications
- Ability to build effective teams and to maximize each person’s contribution to achieve common goals
- Effective communicator, able to provide a clear message with compelling arguments to gain commitment
- Possesses a can-do attitude and is resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity in difficult situations
- Ability to drive cross functional and global networks and overcome roadblocks
- Accountable, well organized, analytical, business-focused, with a holistic mind-set
Are you ready to lead our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here