Are you an experienced commercial vehicle or automotive electrical engineer with strong experience with embedded system integration and validation? Do you enjoy driving software releases of complex systems through verification and implementation? Do you thrive on providing technical leadership and in working with various development teams on solving complex problems? Does joining a skilled team involved in the development of technical for the future of the transportation industry excite you?
If so, we are seeking a Lead Engineer, Systems Integration
to join our team in Greensboro, NC!Who We Are
Our team, Electrical Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) is a vital part of the Vehicle Engineering function within Volvo Group North America. EEVC is responsible for:
- Leading projects related to the electrical, electronics and connectivity areas.
- Leading projects involving vehicle integration.
- Leading the work within the product quality related to electrical, electronics and connectivity
- Support driving continuous improvements within the group
We are a team that shares responsibility and are proud of our products and solutions. Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central to our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance
- We are obsessed with Customer Success
- We initiate Change to stay ahead
- We willingly place our Trust in each other
- We have a huge Passion for what we do
As the Systems Integration Lead Engineer, you provide professional expertise around vehicle and embedded software configuration management. You will ensure correct integration of new electrical and electronics systems into the vehicle architecture.
You will be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Developing and ensuring that the System Integration and Configuration Management plan is followed and administrate baselines.
- Creating software packages and performing software breakdowns for test objects and maintaining these test objects in the appropriate systems.
- Documenting integration issues and working with software development teams to secure completeness and quality of features and functionalities in each baseline delivery.
- Providing our System Test team with necessary input regarding upcoming baselines for them to create test plans.
- Interacting with multiple engineers and teams by providing configuration status.
- Preparing and organizing our Baseline Release Board.
You are an experienced engineer that has a curious mind and broad technical interest. You understand the importance of building and maintaining a strong local and global network. You enjoy working within a team and collaborating on ideas. You find excitement in our collective success as a team and organization.
Compensation & Benefits
- Master’s degree in Mechatronics, Computer Science, Electronics
- 8-12+ years of experience from software development and configuration management, preferably from automotive, trucking or transportation industry.
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here