Are you eager to learn the buyer job in a multicultural and dynamic team?
Do you naturally feel comfortable in an international workspace?
Would you be attracted in interacting with France, Sweden, Belgium, various stakeholders, managers and economic partners?Then we may have a mission for you!Who are we?
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.Volvo Group Purchasing
provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that adds real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals worldwide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 12 B€ in Purchasing annual spend, 2 550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually.
We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes. People, planet & profit are the pillars of our responsible purchasing strategy.
What is the mission?
- Our mission: driving prosperity through transport solutions
- Our vision: to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions.
- Our values: Customer success, trust, passion, change and performance
You have a great opportunity to join the Services team as an Apprentice Commodity Buyer for Europe.
Our Services commodity is managing Travel & HR Services, Facilities & Industrial Services and Marketing.
Travel & HR team is in charge of providing HR solutions (such as trainings, financial services, recruitment partners…) and travel conditions (Air, taxi, shuttles, bus…). Marketing team is managing Communication agencies, Events & Exhibition, Printing and Business Intelligence among others. Facility & Industrial Services team is managing among others energy, recycling, production equipment services, facility management services (maintenance, security, restaurants, furniture, office supplies, etc).
As part of the Team, you will apply and develop your skills to contribute in:
And you, what do you earn?
- Bringing a critical and analytic view for various purchasing portfolio (review and analysis of the current commodity category, updates, categorization)
- Mapping and developing a stakeholder network
- Investigating global purchases vs. local purchases
- Leading strategic sourcing and projects
- Bringing support to develop the segment strategy
- Contributing to the Sustainability approach of the Volvo Group by bringing (sustainable) ideas and solutions
- Bringing transformation & performance in our purchasing strategy (models)
- Development: we will help you develop and learn how to become a(n) (autonomous) confirmed buyer and project manager within a skilled team among an international and cross-functional environment
- Experience: everyday will be a new learning during your entire apprenticeship. As a true team player, you will be involved in meaningful topics, interacting autonomously with others… We will greatly help you create your own opportunities at the end of this period.
Who are you?Curious
- Recognition: you will work on high value topics for the company which will contribute to promote our brands at a global level.
To successfully handle your mission, you will need to know our products, our suppliers, understand our organization, our processes, our language…you will need to raise questions, make your own opinion, dig into our tools and make proposals. We expect you to challenge the status quo!Proactive, Creative, dynamic and open minded
You are comfortable in driving changes, working with continuous improvement and strong interpersonal skills and willing to learn!
You will naturally be welcomed on-board, as you will be expected to be comfortable in driving changes, be involved in a continuous improvement and develop great interpersonal skills!Perseverant
Because changing is complex to handle for everyone, we collectively need to push the boundaries, show that we can initiate the change for the best.Experiences
As we believe that from diversity come great ideas, we are open to all kind of experiences, even thougha purchasing background could be an asset (interesting).Sustainability mindset
You are proactive to bring innovative and sustainable ideas to help us shape a better futureEducational background
Currently enrolled in a master’s degree. A major (specialization) in purchasing is an asset.English speaking is mandatory!
Le saviez-vous ?
Nous sommes une entreprise handi’accueillante, Renault Trucks SAS s’engage depuis de nombreuses années en faveur de l’intégration professionnelle des personnes en situation de handicap.
Renault Trucks/Groupe Volvo est labellisé pour la 7ème fois consécutive Happy Trainees 2023 !
90,2% des étudiants nous recommande alors si vous aussi, vous voulez faire partie de nos Happy Trainees, postulez !