As FSM within functional safety team, you will be involve in all levels of product development from participating in strategic planning for the group, partner/suppliers selection, review System Safety Statement of Work(SS-SOW), initial concept design and stages of development (A,B and C samples) through to production launch. It will involve interfacing with a variety of groups including electrical engineering, system design and V&V team as well as customers and suppliers / technical partners.
The Functional Safety Manager (FSM) will support to execute various safety analyses at the function, system, hardware and software level.
Work with a holistic planning of all functional safety activities at vehicle level, plan contribution needed from different Product stream, ART and teams in an agile environment where handshaking to PO and PM is necessary.
The FSE will collaborate with design teams in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at systems, hardware and software architectural level.Main responsibilities
- Planning and score-keeping of safety test activities (Safety plan) depending on the scope of each specific vehicle project
- Collaborate with FS Managers or FS Engineers across organization to Drive the development of functional and technical safety concepts within the function, systems, software, and hardware
- Lead functional safety engineering activities for product development teams and develop technical work products.
- Co-developing Impact analysis and making recommendations for inclusion of accurate safety criteria in system design and procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
- Documenting the progress of work in a regular base
- Support the implementation of functional and technical safety requirements in all parts of the vehicle system design
- Support the development of verification and validation strategies within the subsystems, software, and hardware, e.g. hazard and risk assessment (HARA), FTAs, DFMEAs, functional safety concept & technical safety concept (for systems with safety goals or ASIL classified requirements)
- Develop and integrate Functional Safety standards and industry common practices into corporate processes according to ISO 26262.
- Ensure technical specifications and other work products are prepared, and stored correctly, and revisions are managed and released in timely manner
- Ensure that safety plan activities meet program timing.
- Align safety related topics with suppliers and customers.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. within Electrical, Mechanical, Applied Physics, Mechatronic Engineering or similar
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of system safety activities and deliveries according to ISO 26262
- Experience writing project safety plan and requirement specifications
- Familiarity with OEM functional safety process including FMEA, FTA, DRBFM, DIA, Safety validation etc.
- Practical experience with methods such as HARA, FMEA, root cause analysis
- Experience in development within C, MATLAB/Simulink/State flow
- Experience in development within a functional safety lifecycle (ISO-26262) is a plus.
- Having “functional safety ISO 26262 certification “is a plus.
- Positive and open minded
- Self-managed, reliable, and well organized
- High level of communication and teamwork capability (Appreciates the strength in building networks)
- Analytical and structured
For more information please contact Nordquist Johan - Group Manager Functional Safety, email@example.com
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.