Do you want to be part of a global organisation leading the development of the
Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from over
1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large.This is us, your new colleagues
Our new Data, Analytics & AI organization is focused on unleashing the value of data collected from our connected customer assets. We are founded to drive the transformation into a data driven culture, where Data, Analytics & AI/ML are an integral part in our services and internal processes. By spanning Data Foundation, Data Analytics and Data Science we can provide our stakeholders with actionable insights and take ownership of the whole process from ideation and exploration to operations. We work with our stakeholders across Volvo Group to increase performance and generate new value for our customers and society at large by utilizing data from various sources, with an emphasis on positioning and communications data from connected vehicles.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data foundation team. In Data foundation, we act as a catalyst and take responsibility of managing and delivering data-centric services to Volvo Group Connected Solutions, as well as other stakeholders across the Volvo Group. We also work closely with the Data Science and Data Analyst team to make data available for various dashboards, AI/ML models in operation, and data explorations. For more senior applicants, there are also opportunities to focus more on e.g., leading your colleagues in projects, or take responsibility for parts of our project portfolio.Key Responsibilities
Competence Profile & Qualifications
- Developing and maintaining Data Lake services in AWS
- Creating and managing environments for advanced analytics, machine/deep learning and AI
- Leveraging best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Pre-processing, cleaning and structuring data to facilitate data exploration and advanced analytics/Machine Learning activities
- Learning and using modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques
- Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Performing intelligent sampling and caching
- Recommending and implementing automation in existing and future integration flows
- Helping improve data quality by driving advancements in data acquisition, testing and tooling
- Automating system installation and configuration
- Contributing to Roadmap and other improvements
- Providing Runtime support for services
We are looking for a candidate with good experience in a Data Engineer role, with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another relevant quantitative field.
- Big data tools (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools (Step Function, Airflow, etc.)
- AWS CI/CD tools
- AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, AWS lambda, Glue, Athena)
Way of Working
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience in building and optimizing pipelines and architectures for big data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills and a successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Here you will work in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like autonomous driving, electromobility, digitalization & IoT. The preferred work location is Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg, Sweden but we see possibility of hybrid working setup, combining the benefits of physical meetings with the flexibility of working remotely.Applicants must have a valid work permit for the EU area.
For more information, please contact Sanjeev Singh, Manager Data Foundation, +46 703 9021237
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.