Does the idea of creating electrical power components and power management systems for heavy-duty truck applications excite you? Are you driven by seeing your work come to life, to be used and loved by customers across the country and around the globe? Are you looking to work on a high performing, diverse team?
If so, we are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer, Power Components
to join our team in Greensboro, NC. Who We Are
Our Team, Electrical & Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity is part of Vehicle Engineering for Volvo Group North America. We are a highly skilled and knowledgeable team with a customer focused mindset to deliver the highest-quality products within the Conventional Range.
What You Will be Doing
- We are responsible for all engineering deliveries of the vehicle for our products
- We are accountable product owners who take full responsibility of the products we engineer
- We utilize Volvo Group’s global Common Architecture and Shared Technology system to maximize the output of our products
- We work together and support our regional value chain as well as our global development centers to deliver products on time with the right quality
As the Senior Electrical Engineer, Power Components you will develop, enhance, and improve vehicle-based electrical power-related hardware components. You will work in a growing and dynamic technology area with high visibility within the company
You will be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Creating technical requirements for power component hardware and software to deliver the necessary functionality.
- Conducting detailed design reviews with suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure correct component functionality and system integration.
- Conducting quality assurance reviews including FMEAs and risk assessments.
- Leading and managing suppliers to ensure components are delivered on time with the required features, cost, and quality.
- Acting as the technical owner for your components and leading cross-functional interactions within the company, both locally and globally.
- Leading root cause analysis and quality improvement activities related to power components by identifying root cause and corrective actions required.
- Assisting with development and design for improvement of components, systems, costs or assembly/manufacturing methods.
You are an experienced engineer with a broad technical know how in electrical or electronics components and systems. You have an innovative and creative mindset, which allows you to inspire and challenge your peers. You also have a true “can-do” attitude, a strong quality focus, and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team and products. You have great people skills and a passion for continuous improvement.
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Masters degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in electrical or electronics developing components or systems, preferably in trucking or a related vehicle development industry
- Experience to manage component development with suppliers
- Experience in components development for Electrical power and distribution, low voltage power conversion, charging, and storage, power management
- A take-charge attitude – not afraid to ask questions or navigate a large and complex corporate organization
- Personal drive to reach the goals and targets set for your team and products
- An innovative, tenacious, disciplined mindset that motivates and inspires your colleagues
- Experience in project management is a plus.
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver, and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health, and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here