Electromobility organization makes technology impact for future generations! Do you want to join us on this journey?
Together we will make Volvo Group the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the world.
The Electromobility organization work together with colleagues across the globe to provide world class solutions for complete electric propulsion system or subsystem, delivering end customer value for Volvo business units such as Volvo Bus, Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction equipment, and Volvo Penta. Electromobility is one of the main strategic areas within Volvo Group aiming at creating a more sustainable tomorrow. For the transport industry and for the Volvo Group, this means that we need to decarbonize transport. Our Important Mission
Verification, Analytics, Simulation & Safety is an organization with the mission to strengthen the quality and performance of Volvo Group Electric Vehicles by taking preventive, predictive and prescriptive measures to secure customer uptime. The Virtual Product Development & Digital Service department is responsible for understanding customer usage and performance of our products and for providing our solutions throughout entire product life cycle, from idea investigation and concept evaluation to industrialization and to aftermarket and maintenance! The department focuses on upstream design by system simulation, fact-based decision by data analytics and enabling more services for customer uptime and productivity. There is a close collaboration with product and technology owners as well as with Business areas. Your Important Mission
As the Group Manager Electromobility Productivity Service, you will lead and develop the team towards success. You will report to the Director Virtual Product Development & Digital Service within the Electromobility function of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) and thereby be a key player in the VPD & DS management team. Here you will have a big impact on developing the Virtual Product Development & Digital Service setup of the future. In your important mission you will:
To make this a success
- define, lead, and implement the productivity strategy for electromobility.
- be a member of the Virtual Product Development & Digital Service management team in which you will contribute to the overall electromobility VPD & DS strategy.
- drive for data-driven product development and digitalization and for innovation
- develop, manage, and improve energy prediction algorithm for electric vehicle route planning and optimization
- release and maintain energy prediction algorithm in timely manner as an enabler for productivity service
- ensure the correlation between energy prediction algorithm and system simulation and test data
- take ownership of electromobility productivity service and work proactively with processes and methods to successfully achieve our mission.
- lead and develop the team according to the Volvo Group Values and ensure that the function is properly resourced in all aspects.
- drive change through people and innovative technical solutions to enable efficient product development and to support customers.
- work in close collaboration with electromobility product owners and with Business areas.
We are looking for a forward thinking, passionate and inspirational leader who will engage the team and colleagues to develop the electromobility productivity service of the future. If you have a strong drive, like to develop, and be developed, this will be a job opportunity that fits you well. As a person we believe that you have a can-do attitude, act with a sense of urgency and have a result-oriented mindset, which will help you to take on challenging work assignments in a successful way. In addition to this you are excellent in change management and have a solid track record of going from idea to implementation. You work in a structured and pragmatic way to solve problems, without getting stuck in details. Most of all you are a team player, and your strong leadership, collaboration, communication, and people skills will be of great value for us.
- University degree in Computer Science, electrical Engineering, or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- More than 5 years of experience within product development
- More than 3 years of documented managerial experience in international environment
- More than 5 years of documented experience of data analytics environment
- Good knowledge of working with Agile principles, at least 2 years documented experience
- Documented experience in communicating simulation and analytics insights in a clear & efficient way both verbally, in written text and presentations
- Experience in API development is a plus
Does this sound like your next step? Apply here!
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail.
We will continuously evaluate candidates. Feel free to contact us if you have further questionsHiring Managers
Jae Lee, email@example.com
Anna Lindholm, firstname.lastname@example.org