Senior Buyer – Electromobility
Get ready to recharge! The Volvo Penta Vision is to become the world leader in sustainable power solutions and the biggest technology shift in the Marine and Off-road vehicle industry has just begun. We are fully committed to the Paris agreement targets and our long-term ambitions are clear. We will become 100%fossil free, 100% safe and 100% more productive. Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do in the Volvo Group. In a changing world with new customer requirements status quo is not an option. New solutions and technologies are what we are working and focusing on.
Would you like to be part of our exciting journey?Volvo Penta Purchasing – Position description
Are you engaged in your work and professional in everything you do? If yes – Volvo Penta Purchasing is the right place for you. We are a high performing, dedicated team located in Gothenburg who love challenges and have fun together.
The Electromobility Purchasing team at Volvo Penta is now looking for a Senior Buyer
for the Energy Storage System (ESS) and Motor Drive System (MDS) commodity. You will be the responsible buyer managing the supplier relations for the entire product lifecycle. Together with colleagues in Volvo Penta and at the Volvo Group you will take the lead to drive the commodity strategy and sourcing for new projects.
Could it be you? Join us and take part of shaping the transformation in future business!This is us
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment.
You will work with transformation projects for marine and industrial applications. By selecting high performing suppliers who deliver the best possible products and services with the right quality we add real business value to our customers. We are committed to our customers, the Volvo Group and Volvo Penta success. We work cross functionally both within and outside of Volvo Penta.
You will work with exciting transformation projects in the marine applications and industrial vehicles. At Volvo Penta purchasing, you can really make a difference!What will you work with as Senior Buyer in the Electromobility team?
- You will be responsible for supplier scouting, early phase sourcing and creation of cross functional strategies.
- You will be leading the purchasing activities related to build and maintain strong long-term relationships with suppliers and partners.
- You will consolidate and drive business in the portfolio. You will be responsible for having the global expertise on all QDCFTSR aspects. QDCFTSR = Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- You will be responsible to actively drive the commodity business plan in your respective area.
- You will also be responsible for identifying and implement synergies with other Business Areas within the Volvo Group
This is you
You have great communication and networking skills. An important part of this role is to interact and collaborate with peers within the company and represent Volvo Penta purchasing. To be successful in this position you need to enjoy working with people. Preferably you have a high interest in technology and the marine segment. We look for someone with the ability to drive, who dares to take the lead. Most of all you are a true team player who contribute with good team spirit.
- You have a relevant university degree or other higher education
- You are a purchasing expert, eager to develop further and spread your knowledge
- You are responsible, reliable and you like doing business, since that is what the job is all about!
- You are persistence , have energy and you like to network
- You are a flexible person with a can-do attitude and have a strong strategic mindset You are a true team player with belief that the best results are achieved together while having fun!
Do you want to be a part of this journey to become world leader in electromobility?
Then you should apply today. We are moving into the future, and this is a chance to join us on our ride - jump on!Are you curious to hear more about the job? Or the department? Or do you have other questions? Don’t hesitate to contact me:
Henric Norén, Manager Electromobility Purchasing, Volvo Penta
+46 (0)739 028774
Start date and timeline:
The position is open now and we will start screening as applications arrive, so don’t hesitate to us send yours!Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.